Anthony Bourdain - No Reservations

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
BreezyCooking said:
Oh - & for you "night owls" out there, The Travel Channel is currently showing a marathon of his shows. I don't know exactly when they started, but I've been watching since 9 p.m. & the shows are running until 3 a.m.!!!!

If I manage to keep my eyes propped open I'm going to be one tired cookie tomorrow - lol!!!!

and they are all new. I am drawn to them like a moth to the fire, that is why I am still up watching them though the alarm time gets closer and closer. This Iceland show is Awesome!

Well - I hope they repeat it, because of course I fell asleep before the Iceland show & wanted to see that one. Figures.

But I did enjoy the other ones immensely - especially Ireland, since I'm a big Guinness fan - lol!!

I saw part of Tony's marathon yesterday. I saw it from 8 - 11 pm. The Ireland show is new. Even my husband who is not a foodie, loves Tony Bourdain.

I love the show. I watched the Iceland show last night and it was great. I'm not sure if I would have tried the rotted shark chunks though.

JDP

All in all - getting the issue of "smoking" out of the way (good grief - "get a room" or start another topic please - lol!!) - after reading his books & watching the show, I do again reiterate that Anthony Bourdain is not only a good chef, but a true "foodie".

I really feel that there are a lot of "chefs" out there who, while they may make terrific meals, aren't nearly as interested in "food" & culture as Mr. Bourdain is. His show is, truly, one of a kind.

You are right BC. My apologies for getting off topic. I have removed all the smoking posts and created a new thread for those to reside in. It can be found here.

I agree with you. AB is a real foodie. He is in it for the food, not the fame, money, or anything else. I am reading his book, Kitchen Confidential, right now and the things he describes are horrifying. Why anyone would would want to do things like that for a living is beyond me. yet at the same time, even though the things he describes are horrible, it makes me wish I was doing them. He has true passion for food and it really shows.

Last edited:
GB said:
I agree with you. AB is a real foodie. He is in it for the food, not the fame, money, or anything else. I am reading his book, Kitchen Confidential, right now and the things he describes are horrifying. Why anyone would would want to do things like that for a living is beyond me. yet at the same time, even though the things he describes are horrible, it makes me wish I was doing them. He has true passion for food and it really shows.

I'm guessing that is Anthony Bourdain, and not Alton Brown, right GB? ;)

Thanks,
John

Yes John, you guessed right. I was wondering how long it would be before I had to clarify myself on that one. I thought about typing his name out, but alas, laziness won out.

I'm a fan. I was a bit unsure about Bourdain until I saw the Beirut episode. Kinda opened a new dimension about his attitude. That and I swear like a sailor as well! Feels like I know the guy. ;)

I REALLY can't wait for that book to show up!

Hopefully it shows up before the Christmas holiday! ;)

John

I am sure they will. It was a good one last night, but when isn't it? He was not his usual nasty self though and even made a comment about it. He said it is just too hard not to be happy and in a good mood there.

Everywhere he goes it makes me what to travel there too.

Darn. Oh well - at least African cuisine isn't one of my favorites - only because they seem to use a lot of what I consider "sweet" spices like cinnamon, cloves, etc., in their cooking. But I still would have like to have seen it.

I was in bed reading one of the cookbooks husband gave me for Xmas - the "Greece" volume of the Culinaria series - all set waiting for the program to start. Next thing I know it's 5 a.m. - lol!!!

Sweet spices were not mentioned from what I remember. Everything he ate seemed to be cooked with hot peppers. He mentioned a number of times that everything had a kick, but not a burn your mouth out type of kick. The food looked amazing, but not AS amazing as some of the other places he has been.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom