Antique Pricing?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crewsk

Master Chef
OK, I'm ready to pull my hair out!! I know nothing about antiques but I have been given 2 Hull pottery pie plates that I would like to find the value of. I have searched high & low to try & find these on the internet but haven't found anything!! Does anyone know of a good antique pricing website? I was also looking for a McCoy planter that my mom has & I found it on ebay & then on a pricing site. The only problem with the one on the pricing site is that they don't show a picture of it. I'm 99% sure it's the same one because of it's name. Anyway, any help would be greatly appriciated! I'll post pictures of the pie plates as soon as I get the camera back from my FIL.

Hello Crewsk, I collect antique silver and other things, and I have found that the BBC Antiques Roadshow site is worth a visit. I know that there is an American copy of the show, perhaps they have a website?

Here's the UK one http://www.bbc.co.uk/antiques/

:):)Could you take them into
the local antique dealers and ask them about the value?:)

Crewsk......go to a bookstore and check out their pottery collecting books. They should have books that will tell you the value. I used to do that when I'd buy a new piece of Fenton Hobnail Milkglass. I'd just plop down on the floor and look through the books.

Crewsk, I used to sell some used McCoy and Hull Pottery at the Place I worked at in Cheraw !
1. I wouldn't sell it right now as the market is really soft on Pottery Right Now. Who am I kidding its soft on most everything now. Its a Buyers Market and they aren't paying nearly enough for stuff now.
2. Ebay like them or not is the Best pricing place to go, Its free and gives you an idea of what the market will bear, I know you can't always find what you want on there but it changes ever day.
3. Most McCoy planters are inbetween $15 to $50 right now and Hull Pie Plates are $15 to $125 just depends on how old and how rare, I hope that helps. :)
Its really funny because new most of these were sold at the old 5 and Dime Stores !

Last edited:
Thanks Sizz & Maidrite! I did find my moms planter on ebay in a diffrent color & then on a pricing site. The 2001 price for it was $135. I also found a pie plate on ebay but it's also in a diffrent color.

Maidrite, my moms planter is the Cat by the Well one. Around the middle part of the well it says "Stung by the Splendor of a Sudden Thought". We're not planning on selling any of it because my grandma gave them to us (mom's mom) & the sentimental value will always be worth more than the monetary value.

Good For You, and right now you would get taken on them anyway. Both McCoy and Hull very nice pieces as well. I am so Glad you are keeping them. If you are insuring them double the price and you will be safe ! :chef:

Back
Top Bottom