Any 2018 left in your pantry?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't know how it got lost in the crowd, but I just found a jar of salsa dated 11-13-2017. This is what it says on the label. "Forgetful Ned's F. N. HOT All Natural "HOT" Salsa - It'll Blow Your Mind." On side it say "Made in Texas....Probably". Also on the label - "Note to Self-After handling jalapeno peppers, don't forget to wash hands before going to the bathroom."

Had to share, thought it was funny.

Also found a can dated 9-22-2018. It is a can of Bush's New Orleans Style Red Beans-in a savory sauce with garlic, onions, and peppers. Never had these before. Sounds good. Might have these for dinner tonight.

So, how is everybody else doing with their pantry? Getting any cleaning done?

I don't know how it got lost in the crowd, but I just found a jar of salsa dated 11-13-2017. This is what it says on the label. "Forgetful Ned's F. N. HOT All Natural "HOT" Salsa - It'll Blow Your Mind." On side it say "Made in Texas....Probably". Also on the label - "Note to Self-After handling jalapeno peppers, don't forget to wash hands before going to the bathroom."

Had to share, thought it was funny.
:LOL:
My sweetie once posted on social media "Great Balls of Fire" and then mentioned cutting up hot peppers and the fact that it can take more than one hand washing to be safe.

[emoji38]
My sweetie once posted on social media "Great Balls of Fire" and then mentioned cutting up hot peppers and the fact that it can take more than one hand washing to be safe.
[emoji38] This is exactly why I keep a box of latex gloves in the kitchen cabinet :ROFLMAO:

Pro tip: Remember that capsaicin is fat-soluble, so washing with water just spreads it around. Wipe with oil or something else fatty first.

[emoji38] This is exactly why I keep a box of latex gloves in the kitchen cabinet :ROFLMAO:

Pro tip: Remember that capsaicin is fat-soluble, so washing with water just spreads it around. Wipe with oil or something else fatty first.
Thanks GG, some real good advice there.

Also found a can dated 9-22-2018. It is a can of Bush's New Orleans Style Red Beans-in a savory sauce with garlic, onions, and peppers. Never had these before. Sounds good. Might have these for dinner tonight.

So, how is everybody else doing with their pantry? Getting any cleaning done?

Well, we did have the red beans tonight. They were a little on the spicy side but DH cut it down a little with a dollop of sour cream on top of them. That helped tame them for me. He also grilled me shrimp that were delicious.

I have had good luck with rubbing my hands with some vinegar. The acidic vinegar neutralizes the capsaicin that is a strong base. Then I use soap and water to finish the job.

GG when I post "testing" shouldn't it show up under new post? Like this post, let's see if this thread shows up under new post now.

Back
Top Bottom