Any doctors on board?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LEFSElover

Executive Chef
Question.
Mrsa.
My right middle finger has gotten cut somehow.
It's been about 2 weeks as I can recall.
Don't know how I cut it, don't remember doing it, just have the remnants of little 1/8" cut at the inside nuckle.
Problem is, the area around it, not healing, and reddening seeming to spread to about 3/4". It is sore, doesn't kill, but 'is' there. I keep it bandaged, have been putting Neo Sporin on it but it's still there and there are no signs that it's going away.
Should I be worried, cause I am starting to be very concerned.
If you can offer advice please do.
I know that a doctor apt is in the offing.
But since I'm up at 3 am and can't sleep, thought I'd ask here.

you have an infection, the redness and swelling are the white blood cells fighting the invading bodies.
bath it well in hot salt water until you can get an appointment to see your family doctor.

honey, if Dr. Debbie can step in, you have probably (don't know without looking at it) at the worst is probably a staph infection............though it just involves a wee finger......it's major.......do NOT put off going to a doctor and having it looked at.......they will know best how to treat you........if it is staph or they suspect staph they are going to have you take antibiotics internally for about a week......not saying that's what you've got but sure sounds like it.............don't mess around......get to the Dr............

Usually, after something breaks the skin, something like "keflex" is prescribed ( assuming the patient isnt allergic to penicillin). What your describing could be normal healing/ inflammation , could be delayed healing because of its location or could be and infection ( possibly there is some foreign material that is underneath the skin. So, if it is not healing and you are concerned, doesnt hurt to get it checked out.

if you're a woman and Keflex has been prescribed *which by the way, girls is internal, some of you including me moi....are going to develop a wee bit of vaginitis...........no one tells you this.........do have some betadine douche wash on hand to deal with it unless you are allergic to iodine.............if you're allergic to shrimp or other shellfish don't do this.................god I could be charging money for this infor.................no ,,,,,,,,,Im just kidding..........

I'm not a doctor, but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night. Stop over for cocktails during Happy Hour, and I'll have a look-see at that digit.:LOL:

ok,,,,,,,,enough..............iJoe go back to bed..........the rest of you I don't know where to tell you to go...........quite honestly this possibly could be serious.............if it's staph like I suspect getting to a Dr. is serious business...............this stuff can go to your heart if left untreated.........ok..........I said it............didn't want to alarm anyone but this stuff is major.......mojo..........wampo..............and if it's not.......hey I don't care about having egg on my face........won't be the first time..........if not then great but a Dr. does need to look at it within 72 hours if it's still acting up........to be sure........if you run fever or the wound on your hand fulminates.......ok.......gets yechyy...........then get yourself to the Dr. ASAP.............in the meantime......soak it in as hot of water that you can stand with Epsom salts......I'd tell you other stuff to do but I'm not.............just see the Dr................

just back from dr staph infection pills tetnus shot. I'm not dyin so feel much better about that thanks to All who pushed me I needed it, juggles. Poooey sore arm

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom