Any skype users? Advice please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lulu

Head Chef
Well, today I downloaded skype (yippee!) but the handset I bought does not work. None of the handsets in the shop were Mac compatable but the shop people said if we had Microsoft Office, which we do, they would still install....predicatbly that is not the case, because we cannot bump the installation disk for the phone with no Widows start and run options! OH well, I suppose the computers speakers will do.

What I cannot work out is how to make NON-SKYPE calls using the skype....ie set up a pay for account so using my skupe I can call a normal landline....can anyone explain, slowly and clearly...:huh: !!! I have never used a service where how to pay was not a huge priority before :LOL:

And I am so desperate to talk.......:rolleyes:

Skype will be a great idea... especially with you in London Michael in Milan, that will save you a lot of loneliness!

Wait a bit more... I will ask when he gets off the telephone... I am sure he has a suggestion.
Personally I only use it as a messenger, so I don't know anything about mike problems...:wacko:
I'll be back asap!

Grazie mille!
We have been meaning to install it for a long while....now we just have to work out how to use it, :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

lulu said:
Well, today I downloaded skype (yippee!) but the handset I bought does not work. None of the handsets in the shop were Mac compatable but the shop people said if we had Microsoft Office, which we do, they would still install....predicatbly that is not the case, because we cannot bump the installation disk for the phone with no Widows start and run options! OH well, I suppose the computers speakers will do.

What I cannot work out is how to make NON-SKYPE calls using the skype....ie set up a pay for account so using my skupe I can call a normal landline....can anyone explain, slowly and clearly...:huh: !!! I have never used a service where how to pay was not a huge priority before :LOL:

And I am so desperate to talk.......:rolleyes:

Phew... Cris is finally off the phone...he is worse than girls!!:wacko: Well, actually he was doing a remote assistance with a client, when that happens he can be stuck on the telephone for hours on end!!

According to him the clerks at the shop were feeding you baloney, you DO have to have Mac compatible handset to make it work, you should contact a shop specialized in Macintosh products, there a proper handset should be available.

Also, he says in order to make non skype calls using skype, you need to subscribe to "SkypeOUT" option

I hope this will help you and you can start having fun with skype!! In bocca al lupo!!;)

Just to update, I chatted to my parents at home on Skype! No handset yet, just talking at the screen, so a bit echoey, and hard to know how loudly to speak, but in general great! I love it! Now we are going to get the mac handset ASAP, but until then I can still skype!

E vai, amica!! Atta girl!:-p I am happy for you now that you got it working!!:cool:

I use it, but only very rarely. We use it in my office. Out Israel office has it too, so it can cut down on the phone bills when we use it for voice.

We use SkypeIn, which rocks! We bought a SF number for my friends/family to call me on here for free. We also just got a new Skype phone so we don't have to use the computer to run it anymore.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom