Anyone buy girlscout cookies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

amber

Executive Chef
I just received mine yesterday (samoas, thin mints, and tagalongs). Normally when I buy food I check labels for sodium, fat, cholestoral, etc. Wow, I just looked at the samoas box label and man they are not terribly healthy are they?:LOL: Must be why they taste so good:chef: Thankfully I dont eat alot of sweets! Oh and have you noticed the price keeps going up and the cookies get smaller? These samoas are alot smaller than they used to be. Anyway, it's for a good cause I suppose, so I am not discouraging anyone from buying them. :)

I will sometime soon. Just waiting for my friend to call and ask if I want to buy any from her girls.

Thin mints for sure.

We don't have any that come around here. I have to wait until they sell their extras at the grocery store. I love the Tagalongs. DH loves the Thin Mints.

only if they're made from genuine girl scouts!

(line stolen from the adams family movie)

they named a cookie after the national language of the phillipines?

Not anymore. I used to buy them and sell them as a young girl scout myself. But these days, they're too expensive and to me, the quality isn't there. DH is a soft touch for those ladies tho.:LOL:

I buy them from the little girl that lives behind me but, I always give them to my father who shares them with his senior friends- there are always way too many cookies around here and my husband claims I like keeping him fat that's why I bake. Couldn't be he has to eat a dozen in one sitting could it??

no not healthy, and smaller than ever, but I always a a couple boxes to support a good program.

I think it's too late to order, they usually accept orders in January and deliver in March, but I could be wrong about that. And yes, they are getting very expensive ($3.00 per box now). I think the quality is still good, but the size had definately decreased.

I payed $4 yesterday, amber. Like the thin mints and buy to support. I wanted to be a girl scout when I was little but never was. Probably, my parents knew I'd end up eating all the cookies and they'd have to pay for them all. ;)

On my last trip, one of the ladys told me that her daughter had to go start collecting the $ and delivering the goods. She also told me that now, the parents have to sign a contract to ensure the cookies will get paid for after being ordered, if not by the person who ordered, by the parents.

My fond memory of selling them was in Chatsworth California. We sold them at church and Roy Rogers and Dale Evans daughters were in my girl scout troop.:ohmy:

Roy Rogers was a girl scout, eh....? lol

I ordered 7 boxes from our friends. Then my old neighbor called and reminded me it was "that time" again. So I ordered 12, 5 for me, 7 for my sister. Then my husband came home with a few boxes from someone at work.

Needless to say, my boys have got their lunch cookies taken care of for the next month or two.

My kids and I bought some the other day...Samoas. Yummy. We stopped on the side of the road as we saw a whole family waving down cars to sell cookies! I still remember the grateful faces of that family. That was our good deed for the day and mmmmm, was it good too!

She hasn't gotten to my house, yet.
girlscout.jpg

corazon90 said:
I payed $4 yesterday, amber. Like the thin mints and buy to support. I wanted to be a girl scout when I was little but never was. Probably, my parents knew I'd end up eating all the cookies and they'd have to pay for them all. ;)
when I stared in Brownies, Girl scout cookies sold for 35 cents a box. They did go up to 50 cents when I wsa in high school.

jap1148 said:
Mish- looks like your girl scout has been at it for a while!

:ROFLMAO: :LOL: :ROFLMAO: She still hasn't met her cookie quota.

Last edited:
I buy them strictly for support - I think they don't taste very good - especially for how much they cost. I remember them tasting better - not sure if it is the cookie or my old taste buds!

LEFSElover said:
On my last trip, one of the ladys told me that her daughter had to go start collecting the $ and delivering the goods. She also told me that now, the parents have to sign a contract to ensure the cookies will get paid for after being ordered, if not by the person who ordered, by the parents.

I do not presently have anyone selling them. The price varies in the different states/areas. My G'Dau in AZ sold them a dollar cheaper than in the San Diego area. I offered to donate $5 to a girl and just forget the cookies but she said they could not take donations. The GSA get such a small amt of money from the cookies it is shameful. My son had to buy 30+ boxes 2 yrs ago when people refused to take their cookies! One was a 20 box order from one family. He said NO MORE selling. I think the girls should collect the money at the time of ordering.

If anyone knows anyone selling them in the Little Rock Area tell them to head my way, my wife and I will buy them out!

All my neices are grown now so my cookie source has dried up there and my Great-neice isn't old enough to join yet.

Actually, the studious scout might set up a website and sell them online, gathering business from those who have no scouts to buy them from. (hint hint hint)

~ Raven ~

Just like MicheleMarie I too buy them for support. My guys are in boy scouts and they sell popcorn and they went door to door to sell it (It's partly our fault because we wanted them to do a little legwork of their own and not get mom and dad to sell it at work or to people we knew). Now a days its pretty disappointing since no one would buy their popcorn (atleast around where I live) and I felt so sad :( seeing their down faces when they sold 1 after going to 20 odd homes.

We have so many affluent people around but most with a please don't bother us attitude.

I personally can't resist buying from little kids who are trying to make a diffference and contribute to a good cause be it little girls or boys.

Back
Top Bottom