Anyone else bummed that it's fall?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
It's been cold here the last few days and I think summer is over. I usually look forward to the next season but not this time around. We had a late start on summer, it didn't really dry up and warm up until mid July but now it's already over. Kinda bummed out about it. I'm just not ready for the weather to be gray and rainy again. Anyone else?

I don't min the fall so much as I do the early darkness. Having a toddler, we need outside time - now we are gonna be inside exclusively before long, that is what I don't like - but I do like the cool (not cold) weather and the color of the leaves.

Summer seems to have returned, here. I am in Munich, Germany. I sat at an outdoor cafe, today in 25 C
I dont think i will mind when the weather gets cold. Christmas and cozy days comming!!!!!!!!!!
Mel

We had a short and raqiny Summer. Whiel I like Fall, if we had some more Summer weather, I wouldn't complain.

sorry, cora, Im with Mel! - this is my fave time of year: warm during the day and cool at night. I figured out this year that super-hot-and-humid does not agree with me one bit.

Fall is my favorite season! If you'd like I'll trade locations with you - we don't really get seasons down here.

I love the fall weather. the crispness in the air sure beats the humidity where I live.

corazon90 said:
It's been cold here the last few days and I think summer is over. I usually look forward to the next season but not this time around. We had a late start on summer, it didn't really dry up and warm up until mid July but now it's already over. Kinda bummed out about it. I'm just not ready for the weather to be gray and rainy again. Anyone else?

Here in Southern California we have until the end of October before it cools off. Today it is in the 80's and I have all my windows closed. I wish we had a Fall like most states with the beautiful colors across the countryside and in the trees. Our trees do turn orange and yellow but not like the East Coast.

I'm half and half. I miss my kiddos who are back in school, and I am NOT best pleased with the rain and cold temperatures we are having. But I do like the fall the best too. I like the warm days and the cold nights, I like being able to get a fire going in the fireplace and making chili and that kind of stuff again. I've been a complete baking fool this week since the weather has been icky. Ken is already complaining that I am trying to make him fat!

FryBoy said:
Not me! Fall is my favorite season.
Me, too! I love the crisp weather, the fall foods, clothes, apples, football, used to love the smell of the leaves burning, but thats against the law now! :(

I love Autumn; my favourite season. The trees are really turning now and we have Christmas and Hogmanay to look forward to in the depths of winter. Wonderful!

JoAnn, please tell me you are kidding. I grew up in Illinois and we certainly had all the seasons. what part of the great state of Iowa are you living in?

mudbug said:
JoAnn, please tell me you are kidding. I grew up in Illinois and we certainly had all the seasons. what part of the great state of Iowa are you living in?

Oh yes, we have all of the seasons here in Iowa. What I was saying is, I wish I could live somewhere were it didn't get hot. I have no sweat glands and summer is very hard on me. :rolleyes:

I love the fall weather. We are still in the 70's at night and high 80's in the daytime - one day last week 90's. I love less humidity also. We probably won't have any cold weather til the middle of November.

Definitely. While I was growing up, I was such a staunch anti-school kid, and it depressed the h... out of me when the summer break was over and I had to drag myself back to school. It was so bad that even now, after quite a few years of no longer having to go to school, this time of the year automatically makes me sad.:neutral:

There are a few nice things though, there are some delicious things coming into season, like chestnuts, different kinds of mushrooms, pears etc. and when you go up near the mountain area (well... not quite yet but around mid October), the colourful trees are so beautiful!:)

Summer, winter, spring, fall..............it's all the same in Hawaii.:)

Back
Top Bottom