Anyone interested ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Downton Abbey got a lot of Emmy nominations, didn't it? Hope it wins a bunch.

I recently saw a Chinese film, "Postmen in the Mountains." It reminded me of Merchant-Ivory productions -- nearly every scene was carefully framed, with gorgeous cinematography. What beautiful scenery. And a simple, sympathetic story of an older generation passing the torch (his rural mail route, which he covered on foot for many years) to his son. A surprising element to me was that the family dog had accompanied the postman on his route -- that in itself wasn't so surprising, but that he was a German Shepherd, a breed I never thought about being in China.

I watch a Spanish series which has been translated called Hotel, which takes place during the Victorian Era ... It stars Spanish actors and actresses. It is a prime time soap.

Good. Saw Downtown Abbey a couple of years ago.
Have nice summer.
Margi.

I enjoy any of the British TV that trickles in on PBS.

I even enjoy the 1970's and 80's stuff the PBS station still shows. Things like Are you being served?, Lovejoy etc...

And of course EastEnders!

Aunt Bea...I so love Eastenders!

Also Coronation Street :)

Kylie, are you familiar with Shirley McLaine? She is a feisty actress and playing the part of Cora's mother from America. She goes head to head with the gran dame. Shirley usually plays parts that give her a mouth that you won't find on any lady.

For our UK members of DC, the third season of Downton Abbey starts January 16th.

The rest of us have to wait until the following September. I don't know about Australia. I just want to know what happens to Bates. :angel:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom