Anyone know about TB?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

texasgirl

Master Chef
Does anyone know about having to be tested for this?
My nephew in law's dad was just diagnosd with TB and nil has to be tested as he visited with him saturday. We were with my niece and nil on sunday and am wondering if WE need to be tested or if you only test when you are in direct contact?

TB today is not that destructable as it used to be... there are a few antibioticas which work their way inside these little Mycobacteria ;o)

Definitely go to your doctor. When you've been exposed to TB you will often test positive, even though you don't have the disease and may never contract it. BUT if you test positive once, you want your doc to know. My husband's mother had TB, so he always tests positive, and his doc told him he shouldn't take the TB tine tests any more. Most of my teacher freinds test positive (exposure to kids from third world nations). Hubby and best (teacher) freind have been told no more TB Tine tests because sometimes the test site won't heal as it should. So they get chest Xrays periodically instead. Neither has TB, this is just the safest way to go.

Back
Top Bottom