Apologies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

David Cottrell

Head Chef
My apologies to all, after much concern about what I had written and a restless night I realized that I was the one who was hurting, for something unknown and not named about this time of year. It took some sharing from some kind people to center me. Thank you. No comment necessary.

Awww, Dave, we all love you here and most of us end up saying something we wish we hadn't at one time or another. I don't know what you were referring to, but it takes a big man to apologize if you've hurt or offended someone. Happy Holidays, Dave.

I have no clue what you are talking about... but hey, we all do things we regret at times. You are alright in my book!

I wish you a very Merry Christmas, Dave!! I know you don't care for the season and I don't know what happened, though, I have a thought from little things you have said. I wish you nothing but happiness and loving memories!!

img_753527_0_f1a202b4c11b43148c72fde9bb64fbc3.jpg

A dear lady and honored member of DC was asking for a bit of pick up and Christmas spirit. I wrote a stupid and very long reply wondering, in a critical tone, what are we talking about when we say Christmas spirit. Pielady centered me and I am grateful. I have a few more days before the real Christmas day starts - January 7. For that I will make two or three things, including the Kolach - the braded round bread. There is a ton of tradition behind it and that I love.

Thanks to everyone who acknowledged my apology. Now go enjoy Christmas,
Channuka, and all the other celebrations and festivities that are part of this time of year. I certain shall. I enjoyed baking cookies with the grandchildren and watching the 8 year old deliver some samples to her friends in the neighborhood.
Blessings of the season to all.

Actually it was Piesusan who pointed me in the right direction.

Last edited:
I am sorry that you had a restless night and pleased that you found your Christmas spirit. May you have a Blessed Christmas with your loving family around you and enjoy baking the kolach.

I was taught that Judaism is a religion of action. What can I do to make this world a better place? (Tikkun Olam--it is part of my duty to repair the world) It is how I try to live albeit I am far from perfect. I have my faults, frailties and weaknesses just like everybody else but my mom use to say that when G-d was passing out empathy, I must have stood in line three times.

Back
Top Bottom