Aprons

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Claire

Master Chef
Anyone else have an apron disorder? I actually have one I love. It says "Army Wife: Toughest job in the Army." But I really like it because it is easy to fasten loosely (I don't like things that tie around the waist), and isn't too hot and constricting. BUT, even with loving it, most of the time I forget to put it on. I almost always have to go upstairs and change clothes before my guests arrive. Why can I not remember to put that stupid apron on?

I have one... I wear when I remember.
It's white canvas with honey bees and hives on it. Paul calls me Honey B...
so I had to have it.

SO bought me a New England Patriots apron so I'd stop getting stains on my clothing. But it doesn't work if you don't wear it...

I have a few aprons but forget them also. If I remember one at all I like the cobbler type apron that covers the entire front and ties loosely.

I love aprons! When I was a little girl my mom made matching ones for herself, my sister and me, all out of a lovely bright floral pattern, they were so pretty. Over the years I've had several, but don't actually have an apron at the moment...I'd like to find a pink one or perhaps see if mom would mind taking a trip down memory lane and sewing me a new one :)

When I was a young housewife, I wore an apron everyday. I even wore housedresses, ( does anyone remember them ). That was in the late 50's. Gosh, that sounds like along time ago. Believe it or not I still have a couple of those aprons. I still have our childrens old wooden playpen too. My husband keeps wanting to get rid of it but I told him not while I am living. :rolleyes:

Hmmm aprons... I have several and we still take them out for fun, but most of the time they stay in the drawer... Now housedresses, my sister made me one and I wear it a lot when it's too hot for anything else... I have never found another one I liked enough to buy...

leave it hanging in the kitchen...That's where I keep all my aprons. All my aprons look exactly the same...white cotton, stolen from work. I have enough to press 7 or 8 people into service at any given moment. It sounds like this 'here's an apron, get busy'. I always say it with a smile:)

Claire said:
BUT, even with loving it, most of the time I forget to put it on. I almost always have to go upstairs and change clothes before my guests arrive. Why can I not remember to put that stupid apron on?

same here, claire! hahaha. i have around 4 aprons, 2 of which came free from online orders i placed, and i always have them on hand...BUT i always forget to wear them, and only remember when sauces or oils start splattering on my clothes!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom