Are you a collector?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Holy Off Topic threads, Batman! :huh:

j/k

I collect guitars and motorcycles. I kind of collect grills, too. Champagne taste with a beer wallet. ;)

Used to collect frogs but now I collect cookbooks.
I have way too many cookbooks so I stopped collecting them. I still collect recipes thru the internet so now I have notebook binders full of recipes.. hmmm so I guess I still collect cookbooks in a way. :LOL:

Holy Off Topic threads, Batman! :huh:

j/k

I collect guitars and motorcycles. I kind of collect grills, too. Champagne taste with a beer wallet. ;)

I used to have a Honda 450 (don't laugh) :) I sold it before I moved to Pa from NJ. I still have my acoustic guitar, and I don't play it . :LOL:

My collections consist of ....

I am like PDSwife and Ladycook61. I love cookbooks and I also am making up my own binders and books and collect recipes from all over the place.

I also love perfume. I have just as many perfumes as recipes I think. Faves are Issey Miyake, Paris, Bvlgari and Tresor.

ladycook, the honda 450 revolutionized the business, back in the day. i had one, and a suzuki 850 in college.

i'm amazed that i'm still alive, however.

i used to collect match books, but with the world going "no smoking", it's getting harder and harder to find them. i have a large glass jar full of many of the places, mostly resturaunts, that i have travelled to.

I collect special edition Coca Cola bottles. For example, I have one 250ml unopened bottle commemorating the wedding of Prince Charles and Lady Diana, an unopened bottle commemorating the last game at Maple Leaf Gardens and one commemorating 10 years of Coca Cola in Israel. I have about 30 unopened bottles (my preference) although I have some empties too. :)

I have lots of frogs around the house, too, pdswife.

And honey pots, the ones that look like beehives.

I also have lots of houseplants, lots of books, and lots of dog hair. (That last is probably not a collection I should be real proud of. And I do discard it once a week or so, but it keeps coming back.)

I collect fairies or winged creatures, all of which are hanging from various vantage points from the ceilings throughout the house.

I collect miniature shoes and anything else relating to footwear, especially historical footwear.

I collect oversize ornaments, which also hang from various corners of the house and one huge tree branch in my bedroom.

I collect windchimes, which adorn the trees around the house.

bears

i used to collect teddy bears of all kinds. space became a problem so no more no matter how cute and cuddly they are.

got lots of cook books so guess i collect those as well. getting picky about what i buy.

i do collect objects to use in decorating my house. mostly cheap or used . i use these to change up in my house.

babe:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I collect statues of Buddha, copper and bronze Arts and Crafts candlesticks, antique Japanese pottery vases, Virginia Metal Crafters brass leaf dishes, and vintage linen bedding.

I used to collect British historical collectibles (coronation stuff, etc) but when I married my husband a few years ago, he refused to have Queen Elizabeth pictures and tins staring at him from all corners of the house. So basically, I am waiting for QEII to die and then I'm going to sell it all on ebay.

Collecting is a little like eating Lay's potato chips. Betcha can't collect just one...thing.

We collect china, glassware, and silver. We use them as well. The funny thing is, is that when we began collecting these things, the next thing that came to mind was antique table linens to go with. Yep, those, too.

At this point we have three different china patterns with a service for 20 for each and are trying to coordinate glassware and silverware in those quantities to go with. Have done pretty well thus far.

It might sound a bit weird to have a service for 20 of all of our treasures, but there's a method to our madness. When we knock off, each of our 5 children will have a service for 4 of everything.

We also collect silver serving pieces and cobalt glass. There's nothing so pretty as a table set with gleaming silver and cobalt glassware. Add to that a service of rich Blue Willow china....beautiful.

Hmmm, I used to collect CareBears, stuffed animals, had about 82 at once, animal knick knacks. The only thing I have now is the Indian and wildlife things I have in my living room and my "sister" stuff that I have gotten from my sisters over the years{these are all my favorite collections.}

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom