Are You a Peeker?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I peeked once when I was about 12-years-old because I was sure, sure, sure that what was in the box was what I'd asked for. This was based on the size and shakability of the package. Needless to say, it wasn't and what was in it I didn't like at all. I wrapped it up carefully so no one would be the wiser and put it back where it had been under the tree. I had to act surprised AND pleased when I actually opened it. That cured me.

I'm a very curious person, but I have to wait. The anticipation is excruciating but fun.

No, Never, in fact I`m quite the opposite.
ever since I was little and can remember I seem to have been able to know what was in my presents anyway (and others if they asked), and this was the cause of Many let downs growing up (not Me, THEM).
so now my Wife and family not only hide things in each others houses, but also practice deception.
I still know the odd one or two, but occasionally I do get a surprise which it Totally cool even if the present is Socks.

Sometimes peeking is a good thing. I wanted a Cuisinart Food Processor and so I bought one. My birthday was approaching and while I was at my son's house I saw a receipt on his counter for a food processor. I knew it wasn't for him. Well, I hadn't use mine yet so I brought it back to the store for a refund. He bought me the exact one I had just returned. Good thing I saw the receipt, I would have put mine on my counter and used it. He would have been very disappointed. I never told him.

For me the fun part is the guessing. Its what I enjoy especially as a kid. I was almost correct all the time and stumped a few times.

Im not good at receiving gifts. I worry too much about offending the person who got me something but I would much rather give especially when i foudn the perfect gift for the person.

with gift cards and secret santsa taking over it kinda spoiled it.

I do agree with uncle bob. It is abotu spending time with your loved ones. Ive cuto ut alot of the people who ruined my year (yeah that bad) and just enjoy the good people.

For me the fun part is the guessing. Its what I enjoy especially as a kid. I was almost correct all the time and stumped a few times.

Im not good at receiving gifts. I worry too much about offending the person who got me something but I would much rather give especially when i foudn the perfect gift for the person.

with gift cards and secret santsa taking over it kinda spoiled it.

I do agree with uncle bob. It is abotu spending time with your loved ones. Ive cuto ut alot of the people who ruined my year (yeah that bad) and just enjoy the good people.

Good for you GettoRK, life is too short to surround yourself with people who make you unhappy or cause you stress. Life is about having a good time and enjoying the people who make you happy.

My dad was like that GRK, it was pretty rare that we could stump him no matter how hard we tried and that was without him even peeking! All he had to do it seemed was pick the present up, give it a couple of shakes, and he knew what it was!!

Back
Top Bottom