Aren't gas prices going crazy?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
mumble mumble, carry the one...

that's about $6 per gallon, bolas!

i would get used to riding a bike or rollerskating at that rate.

In NJ I paid $3.69 a gallon for regular CASH. Some places were higher. If you want to use CREDIT you get raped for ANOTHER 5 to 12 cents a gallon!! This practice SHOULD be against the law!! It is discrimination! NO place else makes you pay more when using your credit card!! There aren't seperate prices on a menu for cash and credit, or at the supermarket. Why should it be legal for the gas station to rob us when we pay for gas with a credit card?

Because merchants have to pay a fee to Visa, Mastercard, etc for providing this service to its customers. AMEX charges them the highest fee. That is why so many places will not accept AMEX.

mumble mumble, carry the one...

that's about $6 per gallon, bolas!

i would get used to riding a bike or rollerskating at that rate.
Tom mate I cant complain we were smoking 30 cigs a day at about $15 and I sold the Harley and the Red beast:neutral:
The big prob around us is there is no public transport apart from a bus that comes once a week.
It cost me about $3 to cut the lawns:ermm:

I never learned to drive. So I have never had the expense of a car.

Son #1 drives me everywhere I want to go without any questions. I have noticed that he sometimes puts me off until he has a reason to go near or to there also.

Winthrop provides all my medical transportation. I noticed this morning that when the van came to pick me up, there were several others there also. My time for pickup is usually around 10 a.m. And I usually go alone. It was a full load. I usually leave as soon as I am done. But I have the feeling that tomorrow I will be leaving at 2 p.m. when a lot of the folks from my neck of the woods also leave. And I have the feeling that for any appointments at BMC are going to be made with two in one day. One in the a.m. and one in the p.m. That I may make a fuss about. It makes for a long very tiring day. Not good for the heart.

Our public transportation (MBTA) has been having public hearings which are a joke. They are going to be raising our prices no matter what the public says. One of the things they see is a large increase in folks using it for the first time when gas prices start to climb. Thus the increase for the cost of diesel fuel. So how do they justify the cost of the third rail subway cars that run on electricty? Sitting in a traffic jam in downtown Boston for more than an hour, just doesn't make sense. When and if, the prices go down again, the patronage will start to drop. But not the cost of using the T. That will never go down. I am curious to see how much using The Ride will increase. I use that when I want to go beyond where my scooter will take me. I bring along my scooter to shopping malls. Right now it is $2.00 each way. So whether you dirve or not, the gas prices do affect us all.

The big argument in our area is that all the residents over 65 get free transport.
The nearest hourly bus and train service is 2 miles away.I have written to the local authority for them claiming discrimination under the European human rights act.:ohmy:

Addie you have a good son:)

Thank you. I think he is pretty special also. My daugter lives even closer to me than he does. You would think it would be the daughter that looks after the parent when the need arises. But she is busy trying to find her place in her new empty nest. She has her own health problems along with those of her husband. So I ask very little of her. Whereas since his wife died my son seems to be at a loss. So having him help me keeps him busy and focused on something other than his wife being gone. They never had any children of their own. He helped raise her two sons along with his one. He also has the dog he bought for her just before she died. So in spite of myself, I got to love the little bugger also. Now he feels that I have to get my doggie fix at least every other day. That gives him an excuse to come here with Teddy Bear so I can play with him. He stays for an hour or so. We have had some nice long talks about his wife and his father. He has been learing about my childhood also. His own son is 35 and my firstborn grandson. He is still single and I don't think my son will live long enough to see his first grandchild. He is determined to stay single. His girlfriend did become pregnant but lost the baby in her fourth month.

I asked my son once if he ever talked to his son like we do. He told me that he didn't. He doesn't know how to start the conversation. I offered him a few suggestions. I often share some happy memories of my children with them. Something I think every parent should so. Kids love to hear cute things about themselves. :)

The big argument in our area is that all the residents over 65 get free transport.
The nearest hourly bus and train service is 2 miles away.I have written to the local authority for them claiming discrimination under the European human rights act.:ohmy:

Our elderly get reduced fares, but never free. Only the blink ride free and children under 11 :ermm:

There's 3.79 UK liters to 1 US gallon

1.6 UK pound to 1 US dollar

$6.06 US/US Gallon

I think I figured this out right, I left my shoes on...

One of the things we always do when we cross over the border to pick up UPS packages is fill up with gas. Well, we were down on Monday. Gas prices in NY were high and not much lower than here in SE Ontario. To top it off, the gas station where we could get a discount with our loyalty card for groceries was out of regular gas. I am trying to limit my driving into the city to once every 1-2 weeks and do all my errands on one day. This makes for a long day, but limits the number of trips to the City each week. I have put 1000 miles on the Volvo since Feb 27, including the trip from CT to SE Ontario. This is about 1/2 of what I used to drive.

Aren't you supposed to use premium for your Volvo? All of my owner's manuals said to use premium, but that regular was okay - it adjusts the timing.

I have tested and so have others. Not only did my 850 have noticeably better acceleration, it got enough better mileage with super that it was actually cheaper than using regular.

£1.37 x $1.6/£ = $2.19

$2.19/litre x 3.79 litres/US gallon = $8.30/US gallon

Thanks TL, now I see my mistake. Set up my problem wrong, it's always where I make the mistake.

I figure I'll understand algebra about the time I retire.

I was going to tank up today, 'cause it's Thursday and Ultramar sells super gasoline for 3¢ less per litre on Thursdays. Regular was $1.444/litre today ($5.466/ US gallon) up from $1.374/litre ($5.201/US gallon) yesterday. I'll give it a day or two to go back down, I hope.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom