Asian Seafood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

puffin3

Senior Cook
Ya those little flat tins with smoked oysters are 100% from Asia. The label might even say 'product of' or distributed by; some American company but those oysters came from Asia in bulk containers and were then put in the tins.
Stay away from them for moral reasons if nothing else. The slaves who work in the factories over there might be able to escape if the factory can't sell it's garbage to us Westerners.

Smoked baby clams are as good as, or better than, smoked oysters. I'll have to be more vigilent with labels. It is sad about the enslavement, same thing with Thai shrimp.

Smoked baby clams are as good as, or better than, smoked oysters. I'll have to be more vigilent with labels. It is sad about the enslavement, same thing with Thai shrimp.
Yes it is. The days of 'Westerners' buying asian seafood are coming to an end.
As social media learns more about how the seafood it caught and handled and by whom it goes against our moral, let alone health concerns.
I may have posted this before but a family member got a UN contract as a health and safety monitor on a Vietnamese commercial ship.
The first day before the boat left harbor someone came aboard and demanded she quit the job. Then an officer offered her ten thousand US dollars to basically file false reports.
She did neither but after a three week trip some other shadowy character told her she must leave the country for her own safety. Which she did.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5IyvbhjSW14

For years, we have bought 100% American wild caught or we just don't eat it. We've gotten sick too many times in the past using Asian seafood. Plus now all the sordid underworld goings on that have been exposed in recent years.

Ya those little flat tins with smoked oysters are 100% from Asia. The label might even say 'product of' or distributed by; some American company but those oysters came from Asia in bulk containers and were then put in the tins.
Stay away from them for moral reasons if nothing else. The slaves who work in the factories over there might be able to escape if the factory can't sell it's garbage to us Westerners.

Here is a company that uses USA harvested oysters.
Ekone Smoked Oysters «

I'm sure there are quality products harvested in Canada as well.
Welcome to The Oyster Man - Whaletown - Cortes - BC - Canada - Brent Petkau

Clams, Chowders, & Smoked Oysters Archives - St. Jean's Cannery & SmokehouseSt. Jean's Cannery & Smokehouse

Just as with any other product, you get what you pay for!;)

Back
Top Bottom