At loose ends today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I have an unaccustomed day off today! I taught yesterday (WHEW! That was a busy day!) and said "no" to shifts at the other two jobs for the rest of the week. I have a few days ahead of me with only recreational activities planned. Weird feeling.

There are all the usual chores that need doing around here:
laundry
vacuuming
bathroom cleaning
kitchen scrubbing
dusting (ack!)
ironing
grocery shopping

There are the things I COULD be doing:
marking
prep and plan for next week
registering kids for lessons
stripping wallpaper, buying paint and supplies
contacting various professionals for the home renos on Mom's house (presale stuff)

aaand then there are the things I WANT to be doing:
baking (feel like a cake of some kind today)
making homemade taco shells for dinner
messing around on the computer
having a leisurely bath with my book and a cup of maple coffee

I tell you the day, (and the rest of the week really) stretches ahead filled with endless possibilities. I look at these lists I just made and giggle a little. I'm not sure how many things will actually get done around here and you know what? I don't really care! Heeheehee! I'm going to rattle around the house for a little while longer til I get both girls off to school, then I'm going to have another cup of coffee and decide whether to bake in my pajamas or to shower first and then bake. Whew. I don't know if I'm up to those kinds of hard decisions! The only thing I HAVE to do is remember to meet a friend for a tea date at 4pm. Its his birthday so that is a must do.

Ahhhhhh! This is the life.

Whats on your plate today?

Taking DH to his dentist appointment so he can get dentures. Cleaning out the front closet, taking donations to Goodwill. Reading my book. Chicken enchiladas are set up already to just pop in the oven.

Mmmmm enchiladas! Must be mexican night everywhere. We're doing tacos here.

What book are you reading?

I haven't read that one. I like her stuff though. I have to drop a pile of books off at the library though so maybe I'll look for it.

That should be on my list too:
Put books away in bookcases (got 2 new ones)
Visit library to return books.

As Calvin says, "The days are just packed!"

Glenn and I got up a little earlier than usual. Being retired certainly has its merits. Rolling out of the sack at 9:30 or 10:00 sure is decadent...on a weekday, that is. Let's not even talk about weekends.:ROFLMAO:

Today, I'm going to make the hour's trek to Paducah for some shopping, visit to the library and a short stop to see a couple of friends.

The rest of the day will be governed by where the wind blows me. I may stop at my house on the way home and pick up a few more things. Moving has been a lot like a very, very long progressive dinner. Even though I have a "For Sale" sign in the yard, there's no hurry to get fully moved, which I like.

Glenn's taught me to slow down and that's something I sorely needed. I've spent my life doing things at rocket speed and cruising is quite comfortable and I like it.

Now, I don't hurry anywhere any more, so my day in Paducah will be slow and easy.

well let's see, I've already picked the wax and green beans with the help of our new stray kitten:wacko: who is obviously not wild like dh says it is:), watered the said bean plants as well as the fall cabbages and broccolis, gave away half the beans on the way back to the house to a passing neighbor, washed the rest of the beans, paid the bills, collected and entered the rent money in MS Money, cleaned up after a pizza sauce canning session, and grilled 8 beef burgers from two different local butchers. Now I am resting and have no idea what is next on the agenda. Doesn't do to plan anything around here.

Nice Katie! Thats good to hear. Have fun today.

bethzaring, that sounds like my usual day. Drift from this to that and make like the energizer bunny. I'm starting slow today though. Going to savor the time off!

Off to shower. I've made at least THAT much of a decision! LOL!

That should be on my list too:
Put books away in bookcases (got 2 new ones)
Visit library to return books.
As Calvin says, "The days are just packed!"

You should see my stacks of: Take to the Used Bookstore Books
Yes, I said stacks.

Next week...:ROFLMAO:

You should see my stacks of: Take to the Used Bookstore Books
Yes, I said stacks.

Next week...:ROFLMAO:

ME TOO!!! I have the "donate to the kids at work" pile, and the "take to used bookstore" pile, and lets not forget the "I can't decide which pile to put these in pile"!!!

Well, I made the taco meat for dinner. Its simmering gently and smelling delicious. I've done a load of laundry, and gone grocery shopping. I met my MIL while I was in the checkout, so I drove her home and had a nice little chat with her. I discovered that I've lost a rather important set of keys (sigh!) story of my life! And I never did get around to making that cake. I have washed all the apples that have gone soft and got all the stuff out to make an apple crisp. Now that I've had some food I might go do that.

Its raining outside now, that gentle fall rain that makes everything feel quiet and calm. Its just been a peaceful, soul restoring kind of day for me.

It's been cool and gray here, little sprinkling showers, I love it! We took a tour around town for about three hours after the appt and stopped for lunch. Now just opening windows to let the cool air in! I'll be happy if it gets cold enough to curl under a warm blanket and read for a bit!

I love it. I spent an hour or so talking to a friend in Denver, and we're both saying we come to the end of a week, and know we've been busy all week, but cannot really put our thumbs down on what in the hades we've done. This year as far as I'm concerned, is a banner year for spiders. I don't think I've ever seen so many cobwebs in my life. I could, seriously, spend an hour or more a day just knocking them down, and I am NOT a housekeeping cleanliness fanatic. Of course, I can waste many hours a day, just reading and sitting, and sometimes sipping wine ....

Claire, I spent my days off doing a bunch of nothing at first. I reconnected with some friends over coffee and did the most pressing of my chores. However, after a couple days the inertia got to me and I hit the ground running. I've done a PILE of pickling in the last few days and done a whole bunch of apples again. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom