Bad Oil Spill...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Pimpim

Assistant Cook
hey guys... I would like to share with you something that happened here in our place two weeks ago... A ship carrying about 200,000 litres of crude oil sank in an island in Guimaras, It's this really cool beautiful place here in the Philippines..:)It's got white sand beaches, very very beautiful corals, clear blue water,and the marine life is so cool,lots of caves and rare animals...It's like a paradise! :) I can't even describe it, it's like virgin...until now that is.. well, right now, the island in Guimaras is now endangered because of the really bad oil spill, i mean a lot of residents are getting sick and are dying because of the effect of the crude oil...Not to mention that thousands of healthy corals and marine life are now dying because of the oil slick...Even our mangrove trees are covered with crude oil...:(

so there, i hope you could pray for the island of Guimaras and its people...

I really hope this will be all over... :(

Pimpim

Hi Pimpim. I regularly read news from home on Philippine Inquirer Online. Yes, I know about that oil spill. What a catastrophy. Guimaras is famous for it's fruits, especially mangoes (the best in the country), and its beaches. I almost visited it many years ago on the way from Iloilo to Boracay. Now I really wish I did. Sad sad sad. I hope international aid is forthcoming.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom