Ballerina Picnic Dance and Swoe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GB

Chief Eating Officer
She has a huge ballerina doll. It is the size of her (maybe bigger). There are loops around the feet and you put those loops around DD's feet and the arms have velcro which go around DD's neck. that way they can dance together.

Well the other day DD informed us that the doll now has a name. Here name is.....

Ballerina Picnic Dance and Swoe :LOL::wacko::blink::D

My wife and i must have laughed for half an hour after hearing that "name".
When we asked her what swoe meant she informed us it means "pretty pretty girl". She was very insistent that it was 2 prettys, not just one.

The other thing than really made me laugh the other day was when she was not listening well. My wife had asked her to do something and DD was ignoring her. DW started to count as most parents do in that type of situation. DD looked at her with a big smile and said "Mommy you know your numbers so well. You are such a great counter. You are really talented". There was nothing we could do after that, but laugh.

So what funny things have your kids said or done that have stuck in your memory?

Oldest son asked when he was about 3 if people wore sunglasses so the birds don't peck your eyes out.....
Middle son all last summer would pick my little veggies (mostly eggplants) before they were big enough, call him his "pets" and carry them around. He fell asleep with a baby eggplant cuddled up in the chair with him.
Lego girl.... she "can just go to the dr if she gets legos in her nose again and the dr will help her".

Those all made me smile Suzi. Especially the falling asleep with an eggplant. That is really cute!

That is too cute, made me laugh also. Very Smart little girl you have there GB !!

Reminded me of my Grandson who is three, he was at the house and needed to pick his toys up - totally not listening - so I got down on the floor and started picking them up, telling I would help him. He stood there just watching me - I said, "Cameron please help Grandma pick up your toys "- he said, " but Grandma you are doing such a great job " !!!

Sounds like Nathan (middle kid).
I ask him to pick up, or put on his shoes.....
"Oh but Mommy you do such a great job".......
Maybe I shouldn't be so good at what I do!

When I left my husband I was um........broker than broke. My son and I would go to the grocery store and he would ask if he could have a treat or toy of some kind and if I had any extra money he would get something and if not, well, it was no. His Dad had dropped him off back home one day in his winter coat and long sleeves, at the ripe old age of 3 1/2), and he (my son) had this very suspicious look on his face. All the while I was taking his coat off he kept his eyes on mine with a look that was just strange. He then lifted up his sleeve and there was a little coin wallet strapped to his arm, a Ninja Turtle coin wallet! He took it off, unzipped it, and dumped out about 25 pennies. He said in a very hushed voice, even though no one was around, I brought you my pennies, it's your extra money, and you don't have to spend it on me, it's for you. I'll NEVER forget that!

Also, at a seafood restaurant one time he ordered albloe - that's what it sounded like. I think he was 6. I said, do you mean abalone? He said no, albloe...even the waitress was trying to figure it out. Finally I told him to show me and he pointed and said, see?...it's served with all my favorite things...french fries, hushpuppies, coleslaw, and salad .........yes folks - it was All Below...served with...

GB - that's quite a name for the doll and yea, you got your hands full buddy! She's a smart cookie!

Love these stories! Keep 'em comin'.

One time mom was babysitting my neice, who was about 4 yrs. old, for the weekend. At dinner mom was having a hard time coaksing (sp?) her to eat the veggies. So mom screwed up her face like she was going to cry and said "Amber, if you don't eat your vegetables, grandma's gonna cry."

Amber answered, very putoff, "Oh, grandma. You'll get over it." Well, let me tell you, the 3 adults at the table, me included, nearly blew the food out our mouths, it was so funny. We were so stunned.
She now is 14, and we never let her live that one down.

Where do they think these things up?

Here's one....
Lego girl just took me very gently by the cheeks, looked at me very sweetly, like I was going to get an "I love you Mom" or a smooch...
She tilted her head to one side and sweetly asked, "How tough are you?"
Huh?!? What a goon.
Meanwhile my boys are watching a Pokemon movie and crying their eyes out because Picachu and Ash were best friends but were split up by whoever the bad guy is.....

Last edited:
I just love these cute sayings from the mouth of babes -

One cute one, (to me at least, lol) -same three yr.old he was standing in front of me one day and talking non stop as usual - he stopped, passed a little gas, looked at me and said "shootin' bunnies"! Where he has heard this I'll never know ! :ROFLMAO:

I'll try not to write a book here! LOL

When Nancy was two and a half years old, she said she was, "two in a hat!"

When she was somewhere between 10 months and 14 months I heard her crying and acting scared. I went in, and she was standing in the corner of her crib, pointing up at the shelves, crying out what sounded like, "Fresh!! Fresh!!" Nothing my mom and I suggested was right, so we have never figured out what she was saying! In case you are wondering, yes, I did take her out of her crib and brought her in the other room to calm her down. She wasn't scared to go back later, so I guess it was either a bad dream or a bug or something.

When she was 3 or 4 years old she had two imaginary friends named Tony and Bisky. I have no idea where the names came from! Tony and Bisky did a lot of things with Nancy. When Nancy did something she shouldn't do, she never said Tony and Bisky did it, but she did say that they told her to do it!

This isn't about Nancy, but about her "boyfriend" Josh, when she was three. Josh lived down the street and came to see Nancy quite often. Josh was such a solid little guy that my mom decided to see what he weighed one day. She asked Josh if it was ok to weigh him. He said sure. On their way to the scales, Josh asked, "Do you want me to get naked?" LOL (Of course she said no!).

Nancy had total faith in her grandpa (we lived with my mom and dad after my divorce). One day, when she was 3 or 4, Nancy accidentally dropped a juice glass in the bathroom sink (one of those that you get free when you buy Armor dried beef), and it broke. She started crying as I cleaned it up. She said, "Grandpa can fix it. Grandpa can fix anything."

Finally, this one will illustrate how stupid and petty I could be at times, and how a little girl can totally melt your heart. Nancy was probably 5-6 years old. We had just started using Act mouth rinse. I would go in to brush my teeth at night, and Nancy had already squeezed the bottle, putting my dose into the top part (you squeezed it up there and then poured it into a cup). I don't know why, but it irritated me. I thought, "I wanted to do that!" I didn't say anything though. This happened for a few days. So (being the petty idiot I can sometimes be), I decided I would squeeze her dose up. Nancy came in after she had brushed her teeth and said, "Thank you for getting my Act ready for me. I've been getting yours ready for you too." Believe me, I felt SO small at that moment! As soon as she wasn't looking, I cried and started asking God for forgiveness for being so petty and childish!

I said that was the last one, but I remembered one more thing. When Nancy was around 3 we went to Disneyland. It was her first time, so my dad wanted to buy her a stuffed Mickey Mouse. Then we ran into some of the characters. Nancy hugged Mickey, then she saw... GOOFY! Below is the picture of Nancy just as she saw Goofy. It was love at first sight! When my dad tried to buy her a stuffed Mickey Mouse, Nancy said that she had to have Goofy instead. So that is what she got. About a week later, Goofy's nose came halfway off. I said I would sew it back on. Nancy became hysterical! She wouldn't let me sew it on until she was ready. She ran and got her doctor kit. She stood there and gave Goofy about 5 shots for pain while I sewed his nose on!!!

:)Barbara

DD has a new imaginary friend named Delilah, but she is a little odd. She only wants to visit when DD is pooping. She will sit in the bathroom and keep her company until she is done and then she goes away until next time.

DD also had a book that we used to read her. She re-named all the characters in the book. The main character she decided to call "friend named friend". When she told me that I said ok so how did you decide to call her friend? She corrected me. Her name is not friend. It is Friend Named Friend. I swear I was laughing so hard I couldn't breath.

I just love these cute sayings from the mouth of babes -

One cute one, (to me at least, lol) -same three yr.old he was standing in front of me one day and talking non stop as usual - he stopped, passed a little gas, looked at me and said "shootin' bunnies"! Where he has heard this I'll never know ! :ROFLMAO:
That's so cute!

when my youngest granddaughter was first in kindergarten she talked to much in classroom. the teacher was telling her she needed to talk less. she replied"my grandma taught me how to talk." i actually did, but was fun coming from her sweet mouth. even the teacher thought so.

babe:LOL:

When my youger daughter was learning to talk, she couldn't say words with a "th". With became wiss, that became sat, etc. When she made such an error, her mom or I would say it correctly with emphasis in the "th", "Jen say, TTTTTHHHHHHat."

One night at the dinner table, her older sister was making a lot of noise eating her soup so I said to her, "Deb, don't slurp your soup.". Jen piped up and said, "No, Daddy, That's TTTTHHHlurp!".

At least it's proof she had been paying attention.

when my youngest granddaughter was first in kindergarten she talked to much in classroom. the teacher was telling her she needed to talk less. she replied"my grandma taught me how to talk." i actually did, but was fun coming from her sweet mouth. even the teacher thought so.

babe:LOL:
LOL My daughter said her first word at 6 1/2 months and is finally starting to take a pause for breath now and then (she's almost 29). :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Of course, I have to say she came by it honestly!

Back
Top Bottom