Bam!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
AllenMI said:
Short people of the world unite! It's a tall person's conspiracy!

Short People
Randy Newman

Short People got no reason
To live

They got little hands
And little eyes
And they walk around
Tellin' great big lies
They got little noses
And tiny little teeth
They wear platform shoes
On their nasty little fett

Well, I don't want no Short People
Don't want no Short People
Round here

Short People are just the same
As you and I
(A Fool Such As I)
All men are brothers
Until the day they die
(It's A Wonderful World)

Short People got nobody
Short People got nobody
Short People got nobody
To love

They got little baby legs
And they stand so low
You got to pick 'em up
Just to say hello
They got little cars
That got beep, beep, beep
They got little voices
Goin' peep, peep, peep
They got grubby little fingers
And dirty little minds
They're gonna get you every time
Well, I don't want no Short People
'Round here

John

lol, i love that song.

here's where's our wee people? (middie and elfie) lol, they really do sound like leprechaun names. middie mccleveland, and elfie o'kitchen...

I'm 5'8", which is taller than average for a woman. After years of having to bend over the counter, I finally have my dream kitchen, with counters that are just the right height.
But I've always been a bit awkward, and now that I have no feeling in my feet and ankles, I beat the heck out of my feet. Last week, I opened the freezer drawer and somehow managed to run it over the top of my foot. I didn't realize how badly hurt it was until the next day, when it was all bruised and swollen on top. It throbbed for a couple of days, and the swelling didn't go down for 5-6 days, but it's better now.
Several years back, when I was still working, I broke the same toe 3 times in 3 months. I hit it on the door jam, and my husband and I both heard it snap. Called the DR, and he said to tape it to the toe next to it. About the time I got it healed up, I dropped a big package of frozen hamburger on it, and broke it again. Then, about a month later, I hit it on the claw foot of the living room coffee table.
HB says I need steel-toed house shoes.
:LOL:

Love that Randy Newman song. Many years ago I was told I'm of average height ... for an American Male. Unfortunately, kitchens are designed with the American Female in mind. In other areas I've mostly always been glad to be a tall woman. Even when I was the last girl in the universe to get a date (I didn't have a date until I joined the Air Force, and the odds were something like a thousand man to each woman; they were desperate!). The last time I heard (well over a decade ago), the average for men was 5'9" and for women it was 5'4". I haven't seen recent statistics, though, and wonder. We have had a huge influx of Asian and Hispanic people in this country, who, as a general rule, tend to be shorter than me. I wonder if this has affected the statistics? When I lived in Hawaii it wasn't unusual for me to be by far the tallest person at the market.

Tall is good, ladies. I am here to testify, in spite of the humiliation of being taller than my 8th grade teacher (male - imagine how HE felt):

You can wear boots without looking like a shrunken version of a wannabe cowboy.

(Note to The Z) You always have a better view at concerts.

Ankle-length skirts don't look ridiculous on you.

Back
Top Bottom