Bam!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I feel your pain. those of us that are six foot tall or more often have such issues. I'm six foot even, and have tried to brain myself on numerous occasion (unitentionally). I still brain myself usually getting into Mrs. Big Dog's car. She has a Saturn SL1 (tiny car) while I drive a Mercury Grand Marquis (large car, i.e. police car size). No problems in my car, but the Saturn has a dent or two in the door frame from my bean! :angry:

Awww poor Sush........let me kiss the booboo.
img_250000_0_8c423bf094765f3bc5b9fb2918e13fbb.gif

middie said:
I don't seem to have that problem lol

Me either at 5'2!!!! I do, however, mischievously leave them open and lay in wait for cursing from the kitchen when a someone else runs into it...... :ROFLMAO: and then usually am chased by an ice-cube toting retaliator! Sending the ice your way, sush!

DS, I hope that your hurt feels better. Although, I am not that tall (5'7") I also occasionally bean myself, too. Usually, like bigdog it is the door jam of the car. It just makes me want to say many words that my mother would not approve of. :)

Thanks for the support. Stupid cabinet. :glare: (possibly stupid ME) I have a huge gash in the back of my head. Took an hour for it to stop bleeding. Grrrrrrr.........

i can't believe no one said it'll knock some sense into him. :) (j/k buddy)

bend over sush! wasabi is inbound... :cool:

Those of us of average height (I'm 6'5") have to put up with a world build for nubbie people. I share your pain, DS.

(I spent a summer vacation in an island cottage as a teenager...I was 6'2" at the time, the ceilings were 6' even and the doors frames 5'10" at best. Wonder why I stoop!)

Robo410 said:
Those of us of average height (I'm 6'5") have to put up with a world build for nubbie people. I share your pain, DS.

I'm 6'1" and am FAR happier at this height than I would be as a "nubbie"... You know, I'd have to wear a hat and have an attitude. Not my style. Also, I think I'd feel a little claustrophobic at 'events' such as concerts. My girlfriend is 5'1" and it's so hard to find a decent spot where she can actually SEE.

I'm "only" 5'9" but as a tall woman with severe astigmatism, I have walked around with a perennial bruise on my forehead. Remember, your average kitchen is built for your average-height woman, which I believe is 5'4". Between cooking in kitchens built for someone a half a foot shorter than me and having poor depth perception, I am always hitting my head on cabinet doors. Not to mention taking advil before a cooking marathon because I personally believe all the counters and stove tops are TOO DARNED LOW. If I was wealthy, I'd have a kitchen built where everything was a half a foot higher.

Robo410 said:
Those of us of average height (I'm 6'5")

6'5" is average height? on what planet? robotopia?

i think 5'9" is average in the u.s..

i'm 6". an old co-worker who was 6'8" used to call me a n.a.p. (normal average person).
i only have to duck when i have a passenger on my shoulders. occasionally, a pipe in a basement gets me, but that's what the forehead bone is for.

Short people of the world unite! It's a tall person's conspiracy!

DS, hope your head feels better soon. I've tagged myself good on cabinet doors a few times, and it HURTS.

Back
Top Bottom