Ben & Jerry's Late Night Snack

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsLMB

Executive Chef
So I've been real down and feeling pretty bad for the last couple weeks. My DH has tried so hard to help but only meds and time will do it.

However .... he did find and get me something that really is good and kind of gave me a few moments of ahhhhhhhhhhhh

I've found my new Magic Feel Better Stuff

Ben & Jerry's Late Night Snack

I has all the essential ingredients for a late night binge.

Vanilla Ice Cream
Salted Caramel Sauce
Chocolate
Potato Chips

I was skeptical but now I am doing the happy dance !

Cherry Garcia has always been my favorite, but this is a close 2nd.

Sweet, salty, crunchy, gooey goodness sounds about right! I'll have to look for that and get a small container. I used to balk at spending the money on the small pints of ice cream but as I've gotten older, they make more sense. I can eat a little and have a variety of flavors available.

Hope those meds kick in soon MrsLMB and you perk back up. It can be rough down there in the dumps.

B&J's 'late night snack' has been a recent favorite flavor of mine, too, ever since jimmy fallon introduced it on his late night show, i guess it's been a year ago now--good stuff. but what 'late night' really does for/to me, is it brings memories flooding back of another b&j ice cream, WAvY GRAVY, the best damn tasting ice cream i ever had, one i'd give anything to have again. WAVY `GRAVY was a divine mixture of caramel, cashews, brazil nut ice cream, with almond and chocolate-hazelnut swirl. gawd, my mouth fills, just listing the chunky-chocolaty-swirly ingredients!! it was a truly extraordinary and unforgettable ice cream--craved and missed by those who loved and lost wavy gravy's uniquely delicious blend of flavors. b&J took it off the market about 10 yrs. ago, due to its not being 'cost effective'. wavy gravy fans have been clamoring for its return ever since. yess, it was That Good! if i thought it would help, i would demonstrate in the streets in my splashiest tie-dyes to bring WAvY GRAVY back....

Last edited:
Ice cream has come a long way since DQ peanut buster parfaits. It's a good thing B & J's only comes in small size containers. :LOL:

Sweet, salty, crunchy, gooey goodness sounds about right! I'll have to look for that and get a small container. I used to balk at spending the money on the small pints of ice cream but as I've gotten older, they make more sense. I can eat a little and have a variety of flavors available.

Hope those meds kick in soon MrsLMB and you perk back up. It can be rough down there in the dumps.

I used to be the same way. Didn't want to spend what seemed like a lot of money on what seemed like a small container. However, I came to realize that it's better to spend a little bit more on something you really like and be able to use it all. The larger containers never seem to get finished and so end up being wasted.

Plus I really like that I am able to enjoy my ice cream and try different flavors more frequently than if I were still purchasing larger containers.

Good idea actually, MrsLMB. I love to occasionally get some ice cream, but finding room for a full size container it problematic. Maybe I'll just go for a smaller package of really good stuff instead.

Ice cream has come a long way since DQ peanut buster parfaits. It's a good thing B & J's only comes in small size containers. :LOL:

I LOVE DQ PBP's.

And now I really want one. Thanks a lot, Whisk. DQ is closed.

Last edited:
Glad your homeopathic medicine is helping MrsL! Although I don't usually get Ben and Jerry's (seems too sweet to me) I'm tempted to try that one. My Mom used to get herself a bowl of ice cream and then scoop it out with potato chips! Her favorite for that? Fudge ripple. All she was missing was caramel.

Now I'm sitting here craving a flavor I haven't had in years - Bear Claw: "Dark chocolate ice cream filled with choco coated cashews and luscious Denali® caramel" *swoon* :yum: But search the site for where you can buy it? Not in ONE New England state, or anywhere near one. :glare: I'll have to either make my own (I DO have a marble pastry board - who needs Coldstone?) or wait until we get back to OH. Or Publix when we're on vacation later this year. Sooner or later...

Back
Top Bottom