Best Netflix binge?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
I’m looking for recommendations for your favourite binge watch. I’ve done a few and I’m looking for new stuff. Couldn’t get into Dexter, watched part of Breaking Bad, loved House of Cards, watched OITNB til last season. Prefer humour, medical, law, and police stuff. I’m open to new things though. I’ve tried Last Man on Earth and wasn’t sold. Going to try a few more episodes before I decide.

Suggestions?

We are currently watching all episodes of Miss Fisher's Murder Mysteries..

Recent binges include Anne with an E, Father Brown, Hell on Wheels, Babylon Berlin and Midsummer Murders..

We sure binge a lot since dumping cable... :ermm: :LOL:

Ross

Last edited:
Saw Miss Fisher on my cable and caught up with the last of them on Netflix. But think something are different only too long ago to figure it out.

Loved Midsummer Murders too - Binged watched the whole original set. Got thru most of the second. Wanted to go back and start anew with the first ones - but ... not available anymore.

Saw most of Father Brown waaaay back when, but good to watch again, love it.

Try the Russian ones - Silverspoon, Sniffer
Swedish - Tallon

We're watching the remake of Hawai'i 5 O, and Start Trek: TNG, both starting from from season 1.

There's only been 1 season of it, but for a silly watch, check out The Norsemen.

I really enjoyed both seasons of Anne with An E. Prince Edward Island is such a special place. We were fortunate to visit there so the wonderful production meant so much more.

Nothing to binge, but for a fantastic feel-good movie, you can't miss with Eddy Murphy's Mr. Church. So totally not Murphy but, after you watch this film, there's absolutely NO WAY you could be in a bad humor. It's also based on a true story, which made me want a "Mr. Church."

Murdoch Mysteries (the new seasons/episodes on Ovation channel are called The Artful Detective)

I love Father Brown

I just finished Mr. Kim's Convenience. Very funny. Best comedy series I have seen in many years. Tastefully unPC. Only two seasons so far, but they were picked up for more in Canada.

Something else came to mind after a discussion Glenn and I had at breakfast this morning.

Several years ago we watched all the Seinfield episodes from start to finish. Soooooo funny and it's a pleasure to watch without any commercial interruptions. The continuity is what made watching the whole series enjoyable.

..... and it's a pleasure to watch without any commercial interruptions. The continuity is what made watching the whole series enjoyable.

Katie H - you've said the truth there! no commercial interruptions is a blessing

and it is so true...

the continuity makes watching a series so much more understandable and enjoyable!

Will look for that and we love Father Brown too... :)
Ross

I think you will like Murdoch. I love the whole cast. Some characters have changed over the years but the core cast is the same. He (Yannick Bisson) has been in several of the Aurora Teagarden Mystery movies on Hallmark Channel.

I always loved Mr. Weasley in the Potter movies. I was happy to see him show up in a couple Doctor Who episodes as Rory's father.

I was over joyed when I discovered Father Brown. I binge watched them as soon as they hit Netflix. I do miss Lady Felicia, Sid and the first Chief Inspector.

I watched The Mysteries of Laura friday night. Looks like it will be a fun one.

On Hulu I have been binging on Chips and Adam-12 lately. Fun to watch them film in the same places and how it changed in 10 or so years, then look on Google Earth and see the changes now.. Also it is interesting that I look at it with totally different eyes than when I was a kid.

I speed binged the first 5 seasons of Orange is the New Black. Then this last season came on and it just feels like they are phoning it in. Maybe it was the long 6 month break betseen seasons, but I stopped watching for now.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom