Bet you didn't know that

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bolas De Fraile

Executive Chef
Impart your useless facts here.

On average 150,000 earth worms live in one acre of grass covered soil.

Each king in a deck of playing cards represents a great king from history: Spades - King David; Clubs - Alexander the Great;Hearts-Charlemagne and Diamonds - Julius Caesar.

As snow falls snowflakes connect to make bigger snowflakes.

Zhizara said:
We share 25% of our DNA with a daffodil.

Aha! So that's it. Am thinking some of the folks I work with share closer to 50 to 75%. And probably with the same daffodil.

Last edited:
Stuff I found on Wikipedia yesterday, 11/11/11:
In the United Kingdom, Ireland and some Commonwealth realms, elevenses is a snack that is similar to afternoon tea but eaten in the morning. In Australia and New Zealand, elevenses are called morning tea or smoko. In the United States, elevenses refers to the antiquated custom of the late-morning whiskey break. :ermm:

Stuff I found on Wikipedia yesterday, 11/11/11:
In the United Kingdom, Ireland and some Commonwealth realms, elevenses is a snack that is similar to afternoon tea but eaten in the morning. In Australia and New Zealand, elevenses are called morning tea or smoko. In the United States, elevenses refers to the antiquated custom of the late-morning whiskey break. :ermm:

Never heard of a late morning whiskey break but I'm willing to try anything.

Never heard of a late morning whiskey break but I'm willing to try anything.

Apparently, it's right after the early morning whiskey break, Andy. The goal is to reach the late afternoon whiskey break while still standing. Both the early evening whiskey break and the late night whiskey break will be searved to those who are seated (or passed out) in the lounge chairs.

Apparently, it's right after the early morning whiskey break, Andy. The goal is to reach the late afternoon whiskey break while still standing. Both the early evening whiskey break and the late night whiskey break will be searved to those who are seated (or passed out) in the lounge chairs.

Sign me up!

Back
Top Bottom