Bird

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LadyCook61

Master Chef
A female goldfinch flew into the window, I went outside to check on her. I picked her up and held her in my hand, petting her and talking to her for about 7 min. then she flew off , she is okay. :) She flew to the bush .

Last edited:
You got a really good pic of her!
:LOL:

I "rescued" a baby rabbit yesterday. It was huddled by itself on the other side of my dogs' yard fence, right where I just planted a couple shrubs. Just sitting there on the dirt. Earlier in the day I thought I had gotten it with the weed whacker, but it was just so young it wasn't coordinated enough to move all that well. No skin missing, so I left it alone until last night, then I carried it back by my creek. Screamed like the dickens when I picked it up :LOL:, but its better off back there where there's some cover. I've been finding tufts of rabbit fur all over the place the last week :(

Nice stories from both Lady Cook and Pacanis. And a lovely photo - pretty bird.

My attempts at saving wildlife (other than cats) has been dismal. Have had two mudlarks die on me this year. Tried to catch them both to take to the vets but could get close but no cigar. I now leave a lined shoe box by the back door - just in case.

Back
Top Bottom