Birthday Party Ideas.....HELP!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Upon reflection.....

Bob - after last night's pounding, :bangin:, Bully in the grove would be a piece of (birthday) cake! :cry:

Having checked out several options, I think I'm leaning towards a "Gross Out" party....barf bag favors with canisters of slime, gummy body parts, remote controlled fart machines, etc... :sick: Being 9, they are all obsessed with things of this nature. I found some party supplies at celebrateexpress.com, and that has given me a few ideas, but more would be most welcome!

ShellBob65 said:
Bob - after last night's pounding, :bangin:, Bully in the grove would be a piece of (birthday) cake! :cry:

I don't think the "Colonel" will fair much better! Anyway, I am truley non-partisan.

I like your "Gross Out" idea. You are right on the money for that age group.
I'm sure you will get addtional ideas.

Have Fun!!!!!

My daughter just turned 10 and is having a sleepover birthday party this weekend. I will pick her up from school with 5 of her friends, but can't seem to think of anything to do with them at home before dinner and have a DVD planned for the night. Any suggestions? We don't have a party theme which is why I am totally lost. She wants Pizza for dinner. What do we do before then?

Believe it or not, many 10 year olds still love to play dress up. You could go and purchase some very inexpensive make-up and nail polish and perhaps some of the spray in hair colors like pink or green or blue or glitter. Then collect up some old, fun clothing items and accessories and big flashy costume jewelry. Cool hats, feather boas if you can find them, anything with beads or sparkly details. You can ask friends and neighbors to check through their closets for fun items. The last part is the most important. If you have or have access to a video camera, let them have a style show or a talent show that you record. They will get a kick out of doing and watching it. If you don't have one, then use a camera (Polaroid, digital, regular or disposable) and take shots of each girl decked out in her finery. If you use regular film camera(s), be sure and get each girl's address so that you can mail them prints of themselves. Or you and your daughter could put together a little memory book of the party, one for each girl attending. Or, if you think that's too much, perhaps just a selection of fun, bright colored nail polishes and let them do manicures and/or pedicures before dinner. There's also kareoke, if you have access to one of those small portable machines. Whatever you decide on, Happy Birthday to your daughter! I know her party will be wonderful!

Girls.....

When my daughter turned 10, we did the same thing - picked up several of her friends to spend the night....I made my husband go pick them up while I did the last minute details....hiding clues!! :brows:

The theme that we did was Mystery! I created detective kits for all of the girls....plastic suitcase-type boxes that I got at the dollar store, filled with a magnifying glass, puzzle books, candy, a Clue keychain, anything that might be mystery themed that I could find. On top of that stuff, each girl had a piece of paper with one word on it that, when put together, gave them a clue as to where to search for the "prize" that was hidden in the house....each time they figured out a clue, it led to another clue, causing them to follow a clue trail that led around the house, outside the house, etc...ending up with a message that I had put in a helium balloon that they thought was just one of the party decorations. :shifty::-p

The balloon contained the final clue, and had to be popped to get to it. The prize was a box filled with videos for them to watch, a new Clue game for my daughter, a box of candy for each girl, a tishirt for each girl (men's xtra large, to be used as sleep shirts for the party) that I had made from Ink Jet transfers. Each t-shirt had a nickname for the girl like "Shaggy Stephanie", "Clue-less Christine", "Sherri Sherlock", etc...you get the idea.... I topped it off with a chilled bottle of Sparkling Cider that they got to drink out of my champagne glasses. I kept all of the clues, prizes, etc....secret from my daughter so she was as clueless as the rest as to what was going on. They had a ball, and they still talk about it to this day - they are now 13/14 and in the 8th grade!:clap:

When my daughter turned 10, we did the same thing - picked up several of her friends to spend the night....I made my husband go pick them up while I did the last minute details....hiding clues!! :brows:

The theme that we did was Mystery! I created detective kits for all of the girls....plastic suitcase-type boxes that I got at the dollar store, filled with a magnifying glass, puzzle books, candy, a Clue keychain, anything that might be mystery themed that I could find. On top of that stuff, each girl had a piece of paper with one word on it that, when put together, gave them a clue as to where to search for the "prize" that was hidden in the house....each time they figured out a clue, it led to another clue, causing them to follow a clue trail that led around the house, outside the house, etc...ending up with a message that I had put in a helium balloon that they thought was just one of the party decorations. :shifty::-p

The balloon contained the final clue, and had to be popped to get to it. The prize was a box filled with videos for them to watch, a new Clue game for my daughter, a box of candy for each girl, a tishirt for each girl (men's xtra large, to be used as sleep shirts for the party) that I had made from Ink Jet transfers. Each t-shirt had a nickname for the girl like "Shaggy Stephanie", "Clue-less Christine", "Sherri Sherlock", etc...you get the idea.... I topped it off with a chilled bottle of Sparkling Cider that they got to drink out of my champagne glasses. I kept all of the clues, prizes, etc....secret from my daughter so she was as clueless as the rest as to what was going on. They had a ball, and they still talk about it to this day - they are now 13/14 and in the 8th grade!:clap:
What a great idea!!! That sounds like so much fun and I'll be those girls still have the T-shirts from your party!

Great ideas, I like the Mystery theme, but I am not very good with stuff like that and DH will be at work. The dressing up one sounds good and the sort of thing I could organize so I guess we will try something like that. I know my daughter loves to dress up. Thanks for the ideas.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom