Birthday present help.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lefty7887

Sous Chef
My DW has no hobbies and barely likes the gifts I give her. Her only hobby is to take care of us. I love her and all, but I have the hardest time picking out a gift for her. She is not a foodie like me but she loves food. She is also a huge fan of horror movies. Besides that there is not much to work with. Anyone have any ideas. Any ideas welcome. I know this sounds like a cop out, but I am just looking for a few ideas. Thanks in advanced.

Rick

Gift certificate for a massage or a day spa, manicure or pedicure. Something that will pamper her.

Something for the lady; the I'm me in her. Not the mom, or wifey, or devoted daughter.
Something she's never thought of for herself before.
Manicure? Pedicure? Beauty Parlor haircut? Something she won't have to share with anyone else - like a meal out which someone else who will also benefit from, or a movie.
A hidden talent she's always liked to explore. An art course, music lesson, night course in? Just the time away, whether she decides she's not interested or not, it's HER time.
Something to acknowledge that she is more than just what others see her as.
Good luck.

How about maid/housecleaning service for some defined period of time. Then, on the days/time the house is being attended to you take her out to lunch or to a movie so she can come home to a clean house...that she didn't have to lift a finger to do.

How about time to do with whatever she wants--you can watch the kids, get a sitter, have the house cleaned--just free her to be able to do anything she wants even if it is just vegging. Everyone needs down time where one doesn't have to do any thing or think of anything or plan anything etc.

A day to do with as she pleases anyhow she pleases. Let her rediscover what makes her happy even if it is spending the day in bed or taking a long bath uninterrupted....whatever.

Is there something she would never ever buy for herself? I love the maid idea. The spa idea is a good one too, but you have to know your wife. Not everybody is comfortable in a spa setting.

in addition to all that's been mentioned.......how about some nice flowers......my hubby always makes Brownie points with those......and delivered of course.......hope you see a smile......:)

In addition to the ideas already mentioned, since she likes horror movies, how about some gift certificates to the local movie theater or to a video store. You could wrap them with some movie treats, such as candy and microwave popcorn.

:)Barbara

can't resist.......how about the horror of you agreeing to doing the housework and cooking for the next month (ok......maybe that's a bit much......how about for the next week???///////jest kidding.......:)

Whatever you do - DO NOT give her something practical or for the house - give her something she would want but not get for herself - Does not have to be something you buy - maybe a weekend away for just the two of you... or doing something that she enjoys and would appreciate you doing just for her!! I am sure whatever you do will be right because you are trying to do something special that means something to her.

Whatever you do - DO NOT give her something practical or for the house - give her something she would want but not get for herself - Does not have to be something you buy - maybe a weekend away for just the two of you... or doing something that she enjoys and would appreciate you doing just for her!! I am sure whatever you do will be right because you are trying to do something special that means something to her.

nicely put, Reanie!!!

A nice piece of jewelry, flowers and a good box of chocolates and a sappy card would be nice too. Sometimes it is nice to be on the receiving end of girly things, even if you are no longer a girl.

Thanks for the ideas everyone. These are all very good. At the moment I am looking at a Spa nearby for her to go to.

As my wise and funny grandpa would comment........now you're cooking with butane......that's what every woman wants .......pampering and knowing that she's appreciated......lucky gal........:)

Back
Top Bottom