Bizarre Foods with Andrew Zimmern.....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love the show- but not him as a host. His personality conjures up some not nice feelings out of me. He seems unappreciative, and brash towards the people at times, almost arrogant, offensive, and rude. His table manners also reflect negatively on the show, gluttonous, lip-smacking, talking with his mouth open. There was one episode where a native called him out on his behavior. I enjoyed the putting-in-place-moment thoroughly. His conduct makes me very uncomfortable. I try to enjoy the show, but get really irritated and sidetracked, almost feeling sorry for the people he interacts with. Just doesn't seem grateful for this amazing opportunity before him... There have been afew times I was satisfied with his attittude, but he does annoy me. Otherwise, I don't miss an episode.

Last edited:
GB said:
I enjoy the show, but not the host as well Shannon. He really rubs me the wrong way.

I was falling off my chair laughing last Monday's episode in Ecuador when he was at the healer, and he was flamed, rubbed all over with a guinea pig, then beat with a weed that caused hives similar to a stinging nettle.... there were a few other things during the cleansing that I don't remember, but I was rolling! :ROFLMAO: Priceless!

Never caught the show. Now I'm not planning on it. I have a thing with rude arrogant people. I don't like them.

I don't want to be the spoiler! Give it a watch- it really is a cool show! I about have my daughter convinced to eat a grub! hahaha! but I am sure I will be yelling, "no, no, dirty, we don't eat bugs!!!"

I don't like him or his show. He's coarse & isn't media-friendly at all - & I don't mean that because of his appearance. It's his attitude. And frankly, I find the foods disgusting. While I'm more than interested in different cultures & cuisines, this show just seems to focus on whatever they feel the general populace might find "gross". Nothing else. Not worth my time.

Anthony Bourdain is more my style. Yes, he samples some things that most of us would rather bury - lol - but he does it with class.

so last night's episode in Spain was not as painful, and he seemed a lot more gratuitous than I have previously seen him. Still the bad table manners, but when the camera is up close and in his face, of course you are going to hear some lip-smacking- :mad: , which is a HUGE peeve of mine. But overall, his sincerity and thankfullness was very genuine. Or maybe he is just growin' on me!

I, as usual, gave a pass to last night's show (but did watch the Anthony Bourdain LA repeat), but a friend confirmed your report, Shannon, that last night's "Bizarre Foods" show was much more viewer friendly than usual.

I might just have to catch it next time around.

I like the show but he gives me the creeps. He was served a lamb dish in Morroco where it's customary to eat with ones hand, one hand only...the right one...the left is used for something else. He started with his right hand but you could see it coming...wait for it...sure enough both hands went in the pot, smacking the lips, sucking the bones, finger licking (shudder). Wow! The more I type the more I dislike him, I'll stop now.

T-roy said:
but you could see it coming...wait for it...sure enough both hands went in the pot, smacking the lips, sucking the bones, finger licking (shudder).

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH! DRIVES ME CRAZY! I yell at the TV like my favorite team is playing horribly!

Okay - I have to admit it. The guy is growing on me.

Last night's show touring the U.S. Gulf Coast was terrific. The only time I averted my eyes was when they were cleaning the "chittlins" - lol!!! But that's just a personal thing.

And Zimmern was truly gracious to everyone hosting him. I particularly have to give him kudos re: his visit to the little soul food shack/restaurant where they served him raccoon & possum. Not to mention that anyone who can rave about Nutria, which to me is just a lateral step from a big rat (lol!), definitely has guts.

All in all, it was a very interesting & fun show to watch. Much much better than the usual "what I can eat that will really gross people out" stuff.

Next Monday he'll be in the UK & Scotland, & I'm actually looking forward to watching it.

I like the show I have it pre-programmed in my dvr so I don't miss it....it just amazes me the things he eats :LOL: ....I bet his parents just loved having him sit down at the table.

I love this show. I can't tell you how disappointed I am that the format of the show has changed. It looks like Andrew Zimmern now has a straight travel show that's not centered around food? I'm hoping this is a separate show and not a replacement. Anyway, it was horrible. He went to Turkey and was almost naked half the time wrestling, getting massages, in public baths, etc. No offense to Andrew, but I'd rather see him eating weird food in his clothes than naked talking about wrestling.

Back
Top Bottom