Black Tea?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In the summer I sit down on the patio, bring some tea bags with me and some sugar, and sip while I am doing my needlework. I drink it black with just a teaspoon of sugar. :angel:

I drink my tea black with lemon. No sugar or milk. I like the flavour. I do however drink tea with milk and sugar when it's very cold. I love milk in winter!!!

I hardly ever drink hot tea, but we go through a gallon of ice tea about every two days.

Steve makes the best pitcher of ice tea ever! He brews 4 parts of loose no name black tea with 2 bags of Earl Grey. I don't care for Earl Grey alone, but mixed with four parts of black tea it's just wonderful with a "hint" of the bergemot flavor.

Interesting thread. ;)

I hardly ever drink hot tea, but we go through a gallon of ice tea about every two days.

Steve makes the best pitcher of ice tea ever! He brews 4 parts of loose no name black tea with 2 bags of Earl Grey. I don't care for Earl Grey alone, but mixed with four parts of black tea it's just wonderful with a "hint" of the bergemot flavor.

Interesting thread. ;)
I like to mix my teas for iced tea sometimes too. I will sometimes substitute a Constant Comment teabag for one of the Luzianne ones, or any spicy tea.

I don't know if it's just a California thing but so many restaurants have gone off the deep end with " fruit flavored" ice teas to the point that they don't offer plain ordinary ice tea! I don't want anything fancy from them, just a glass of strong well brewed clear tea served in a tall glass with lots of ice. I've been known to order an extra glass of just ice on the side. If there's anything I can't stand it's ice tea short on ice!

Last edited:
What is clear tea?

That would be clear opposed to cloudy GQ. It looks very unappetizing when it's cloudy and is usually caused by cooling it too fast. It makes the tannin settle out, causing cloudy tea. The tea must be cooled to room temp. before being chilled, either by ice or refrigeration. I bet you can tell I'm picky about my ice tea. ;)

By the way GQ...I noticed in the UK the Brits treat ice like it's gold or something. Ordering a bucket of ice in a hotel room is hysterical. Room service arrived on more than one occasion with a bowl with 4 cubes and a spoon. :LOL:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom