BOILED SALT WATER (recipe)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chef Maloney

Senior Cook
This is for my good friends. Especially Renee :chef:

BOILED SALT WATER

1 - 4 qts. Water, fresh
1 tsp. - 4 cups Salt (I like to use sea salt)

Place water in large pot.
Set stovetop to HIGH and place pot of water over flame.
Add: Salt and stir.
Heat Water, checking often, until water begins to steam and roll with BIG bubbles.
Turn off heat.
Cool for up to 1 hour.
Store unused water in refrigerator or freeze in trays.
enjoy :LOL:

BOILED SALT WATER

1 - 4 qts. Water, fresh

Heat Water, checking often, until water begins to steam and roll with BIG bubbles.
Turn off heat.
Cool for up to 1 hour.

And the use for this would be? I assume for those who don't know how to boil water? Copied and saved. I could save it in a big pitcher and surprise those who are looking for a cold drink. Or omit the water and use the salt for a bath. Use to soak tired feet. I am sure there are many other uses. I just need time to think on it.

This recipe has so many possibilities.

I made it and it turned out great, but I made a few changes. First instead of water, I used pepsi, then instead of salt, I used bbq sauce. Then I added some cans of vegall, and pieces of rotisserie chicken. My family loved it and asked for it again!

I read the title and I was like saltwater taffy! Yay! But no such luck...haha

This recipe has so many possibilities.

I made it and it turned out great, but I made a few changes. First instead of water, I used pepsi, then instead of salt, I used bbq sauce. Then I added some cans of vegall, and pieces of rotisserie chicken. My family loved it and asked for it again!

There's always someone looking to improve what should be a simple recipe...

:LOL:

It must be really good. I put some on to boil and ran out to run a quick errand. When I got home the pot was empty and SO had a guilty look on her face...

BOILED SALT WATER

1 - 4 qts. Water, fresh

Turn off heat.
Cool for up to 1 hour.

Have you been drinking your bath water again Chef? :ROFLMAO:

Snip, we've only just met. Yet you know me so well.

well..... maybe not drinking.....hic....bathwater.

You're giving me ideas for my next recipe :rolleyes:

Perhaps sniffing your socks then?
It's people like you that keep me on DC, my life would be boring without a good laugh! :)

I might not know you very well but I know people like you. My brother used to wake me up at odd hours of the morning and ask me for the horse's keys :LOL: I would actually go and look for them till I woke up properly :(

Perhaps sniffing your socks then?
It's people like you that keep me on DC, my life would be boring without a good laugh! :)

I might not know you very well but I know people like you. My brother used to wake me up at odd hours of the morning and ask me for the horse's keys :LOL: I would actually go and look for them till I woke up properly :(

:ROFLMAO:Snip:ROFLMAO:

Maybe you know someone like my friend Renee (she has a great sense of humor by the way). She really cannot boil water. She cannot follow the directions on the side of a soup can. And she knows it. She often compliments my cooking and recently when I told her that I was following DC she asked me if there was a recipe for boiling water. So...... here it is.
My cooking expertise prompted me to add the salt for flavor:yum: :LOL:

ps. my socks have good stink :<)

Last edited:
:ROFLMAO:Snip:ROFLMAO:

Maybe you know someone like my friend Renee (she has a great sense of humor by the way). She really cannot boil water. She cannot follow the directions on the side of a soup can. And she knows it. She often compliments my cooking and recently when I told her that I was following DC she asked me if there was a recipe for boiling water. So...... here it is.
My cooking expertise prompted me to add the salt for flavor:yum: :LOL:

ps. my socks have good stink :<)

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom