Boom!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CookinBlondie

Senior Cook
My friend, Michael's, mom, Vanessa, just gave me a BUNCH of zuchinni. Well, I was looking for some recipes to use these up, and I ran across a recipe for Zuchinni Cobbler. So, I thought, why not try it? It'll be different than the usual zuchinni bread.

So, I follow the directions to the "T." As I'm cooking it, the AMAZING aromas prevading through the house, I think to myself, "This is going to taste AWESOME!" I put it in the oven, set the timer, and go sit down. Soon after, I hear this very strange noise, kind of resembling a key board sliding off a desk, keys down. At first, I thought my sister had dropped the keyboard. But when she said she didn't, I got a little worried. I walked towards the oven, and the first thought to come to mind, after I hear the sizzling of moist food on the oven bottom, was that the oven rack had fallen, how, I have no idea. So, I turn the oven off, and look inside. To my dismay, the casserole dish had EXPLODED in the oven. Busted completely, my dessert ruined.

My question for all of you culinary experts is this: What did I do wrong? What could have caused this horrendous event? I was so puzzled and angry and all sorts of stuff, so if you could help me out, I would be most obliged!

-Lauren-

The casserole dish may have been slightly damaged from prior use and weakened to the point where it gave up and broke this time. Oven dishes are made to withstand thermal shock (going from a 70 F kitchen to a 350 F oven) but they weaken over time from banging around in the dishwasher or whatever and sometimes give up the ghost at the worst time.

Back
Top Bottom