Both Joey "Jaws" Chestnut and Miki Sudo set NEW World records today...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kleenex

Master Chef
as the Nathans Famous hot dog eating contest was held in a warehouse for like the first time ever with no fans at all to cheer on the competitors.

With Human malware floating around both the ladies and the mens event had fewer contestants this year as some were constricted from traveling. The mens event had at least 50% less contestants than last year.

Miki set a new world record with 48.5 hot dogs and buns eaten in 10 minutes as she blew past the old record of 45 hot dogs and buns done by Sonya Thomas.

Joey though barely broke his own record, but got 75 hot dogs and buns eaten in 10 minutes. Joey though did break the 1,000 plus mark in hot dogs and buns eaten by himself just at the contest.

Joey started off with a crazy fast pace with 12 hot dogs and buns eaten per minute for the first two minutes and then really started to slow up for a few minutes. Then started to pick up the pace again only to break his own world record with one final hot dog and bun eaten in the final 10 seconds.

This was a fully different atmosphere with no fans. Did not like it as much but we got the new world records anyway.

Agree completely CG. I just don't understand these contests where people become disgusting samples of an overindulgent society. Unhealthy - and witness the guy in Great Britain (? I think - several years ago) actually died from a contest of trying to eat either the most or the hottest peppers.

They should have a contest to see who can pick up the most pebbles and place in a jar, screw on the lid, carry it to the judges table - with their bare feet. No sitting, must be standing, no balance props, must keep your own balance on your own legs.

No waste of food - no gorging to harm health.

Burp. Think of it like an athletic event. I think they do training to prepare?

I do like the idea of filling a jar up. Only use marbles, so it's a clean event and no cheating with stray rocks. Maybe pick them up and put in the jar using your toes.

Burp. Think of it like an athletic event. I think they do training to prepare?

Oh yes the top male and female eaters in the world do train to do this all important event. No way can any person with no training do 12 hot dogs and buns a minute for two straight minutes.

I do honestly think Miki Sudo will break 50 hot dogs and buns in the official event.

Well Cooking Goddess and dragnlaw this contest is over 100 years old. This is a July 4th tradition.

Last edited:
Well Cooking Goddess and dragnlaw this contest is over 100 years old. This is a July 4th tradition.

Tradition or not - something is not healthy and should not be glorified. I repeat...

Attachments

• Warning labels.jpeg
    Warning labels.jpeg
    27.4 KB · Views: 56
  • common sense (2).jpg
    common sense (2).jpg
    42 KB · Views: 70
Back
Top Bottom