Brain dead moment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alix

Everymom
Moderator Emeritus
OK, I nearly had a disaster today. Thankfully it was just a near miss. I turned on the tub to fill after my treadmill time and the phone rang. It was my brother calling to wish me a happy birthday. We chatted for somewhere around 40 minutes, during which time I wandered all over the house and completely forgot about the bathtub that was filling! Lucky for me we had to replace our tap a while ago with one that fills the tub very very slowly or I would be dealing with water all over the upstairs. WHEW! What an idiot I am!

Anyone else have a brain dead moment this week they want to share? Please? So I don't feel alone in my goofiness?

Ya mean like forgetting to lock the chickens in their cage for the night?
I'm supposed to do it as soon as it gets dark and I forgot the poor things until almost 9 last night...once it's dark they won't come down off their roost to get dinner. Coldest night in months and they went to bed hungry. Bad me.

and there were tire tracks all across pdswife's lawn and back and forth across the road, and discarded beer bottles strewn about.

and no one's singing:
pick a litlle, talk a little, pick a little, talk a little.
pick pick pick, talk a lot, pick a little more...

i'll bet you got up late this morning, didn't ya pdswife. (the rooster is still tied up)

Wow you really lucked out Alix!

My braindead moment was earlier this week while I was making dinner. I had my Mise en place, but stupidly I did not have it all on the same counter. I had everything prepared, but located all over the place. I was making the polenta thinking this does not look right. Usually there is so much more. After I added some other ingredients I realized I forgot the cheese. That is probably why it did not look right. Well I was only half right. As I went to serve it I saw the open can of pumpkin sitting on another counter. I was so mad at myself, but I just mixed it in and everything turned out fine.

GB, I completely relate to that. I made gingerbread cookies a while ago and forgot to put in the sugar! Thankfully there was some corn syrup in there or they would have just been dog food.

Ken, sorry about the water bill sweetie. :huh:

pdswife, those chickens are going to get you when you least expect it aren't they?

buckytom...Music Man? or Oklahoma? Music Man right?

And I think I am going to make sure I don't do any laundry for a while, I think I drained the hot water tank pretty dry! Sheesh!

buckytom said:
and there were tire tracks all across pdswife's lawn and back and forth across the road, and discarded beer bottles strewn about.

and no one's singing:
pick a litlle, talk a little, pick a little, talk a little.
pick pick pick, talk a lot, pick a little more...

i'll bet you got up late this morning, didn't ya pdswife. (the rooster is still tied up)

lol.. bucky... you make every day just a little better. Thank you for making me laugh again.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Alix, it's from Music Man!
And, I forgot the bathtub too, when my sister was here and asked me to look at "just one little thing" on ebay! There were so many mounds of bubbles everywhere it looked like the Brady Bunch episode where Bobby (or is it Cindy) try to wash their own clothes.

oh Alix, don't feel bad..My dh is paranoid about locking the house up at night..He has to have the blinds and curtians, drawn, the kitchen shutteres closed, all doors locked and bolted..Well just imagine his surprise this morning, garage door UP, back door and saftey door UNLOCKED, blinds up, shutters open, back door and safty door open,I wonder how forgot to lock up last night since he went to bed early:LOL: And to think, we both are still alive:LOL: :ROFLMAO: :LOL:

kadesma

Alix, I had mine about a week or so ago. I was making muffins and it required melted butter. So, I melted the butter and had it sitting on the back burner of the stove. I mixed all the other ingredients together and put about half the batter in the muffin pan before I realized that I forgot the butter. Luckily, I was able to put the batter back in the bowl and gently mix in the butter and the muffins turned out OK. I would have been really in trouble if I had not remembered the butter at all.

OK, had another one of those "what was I thinking" moments. I bought the girls innertubes to go tobogganing later today (their old ones are dead) adn thought I'd be a good mom and blow them up. Well, after some vertigo, blood pressure through the roof, a blood blister on my lip (stupid valve slipped!) and a half blown up tube...I remembered that you are supposed to pinch the little valve thingy to open it up. ARGH!

So then I got the foot pump...and after 20 minutes of pumping it was still not full. Only then did I realize that the hose had a hole right next to the pump. Sigh...thank goodness for duct tape. They are both finally inflated and I am now relaxing with a cup of tea to soothe both my lip and my nerves.

Some days you gotta wonder what you did with your brain.

You really beginning to enjoy rice for dinner smart guy? :ROFLMAO: Love you. Kiss it better 'k?

I did the bathtub thing too...and my tub is 48x60 and deep. It has an overflow drain, though...thank goodness.

I have always been pretty flakey...my mind goes one way and my body another. My kids used to say, "Earth to mom...earth to mom!"
One morning I was getting ready to fix breakfast, and I couldn't find the bacon.I knew I had bought some the day before, but it was not in the fridge. I had to get breakfast on for my husband, so I figured he'd have to make do with toast and eggs. When I opened the silverwear drawer to get a fork to scramble the eggs, there was the bacon. It was a little soft, but none the worse for wear.

Alix, you mean, for example...

Leaving a soda on the hood of the car and driving off? (Splat)

or

Forgetting to close the car trunk after unloading groceries - then discovering it wide open the next day?

Me? Never! :angel:

Oh yeah. How could I forget - One year my roommie was boiling an egg, getting ready for the Academy Awards. You guessed it! She left the house & forgot to take it off the stove. When I got home, it smelled like something died.

Last edited:
mish said:
Alix, you mean, for example...

Leaving a soda on the hood of the car and driving off? (Splat)

or

Forgetting to close the car trunk after unloading groceries - then discovering it wide open the next day?

Me? Never! :angel:

Oh yeah. How could I forget - One year my roommie was boiling an egg, getting ready for the Academy Awards. You guessed it! She left the house & forgot to take it off the stove. When I got home, it smelled like something died.
Something did die the egg:LOL: Dh has a 62 chevy he babies to death, after much wrangling he allowed me to take it to the store, had to or not eat, had him there:ROFLMAO: Well, got all the goodies and didn't dent the chevy got it home in one piece, took out things put them away, a week later I just could not find that 15lb. turkey I'd bought,yep in the trunk and smellin like a, well never mind:sick:

kadesma..never have driven that chevy again:ROFLMAO:

Kadesma, I don't think I'll ever forget that smell. (Burned sulfur? & teflon?) The pot was burned too. Hate to think what would have happened, if I came home any later.:censored:

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom