Bucket list?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CWS4322

Chef Extraordinaire
There are things I have on my "cooking" bucket list--happy to report I've crossed two off this year--dolmatas from fresh grape leaves and tamales. I still need to work up the courage to make gravlax. And now that I have a smoker, a smoked turkey is on the list. What's on your cooking bucket list?

Pressed duck
Head cheese
really good salum
make more cheeses
distill something drinkable, maybe a spiced rum, or whiskey
I really wish I could master the crispy roast pork belly like they make at Noodle Express in Chinatown.

I'd like to make homemade sauerkraut, as my old Grandpa used to.

Maybe also an Asian version called 'Kimchee'. (I'm not Asian, just Canadian with a mix of Polish and Irish).

Duck, in some way that isn't a greasy nasty or over-cooked to tough, dry, leather.

Those are the only two ways I've ever been served Duck. I've never even once made it at home.

I'm a pretty good cook and willing to try TNT recipes that don't fall into those two end results! :chef:

Well I am not sure if this counts because I would not be the one cooking, but on y bucket list is to eat at El Bulli.

Well I am not sure if this counts because I would not be the one cooking, but on y bucket list is to eat at El Bulli.

It is a shame Adria closed it down. Will be neat to see what his next project is though. Went and saw both Ferran, and Jose Andreas at the Lisner Auditorium a couple weeks ago, really amazing evening. He came from such humble beginnings, and is like a little kid with his excitement for food, and the science behind it.

Last edited:
It is a shame Adria closed it down. Will be neat to see what his next project is though. Went and saw both Ferran, and Jose Andreas at the Lisner Auditorium a couple weeks ago, really amazing evening. He came from such humble beginnings, and is like a little kid with his excitement for food, and the science behind it.

I had the opportunity to see both of these chefs in action on TV and what they are doing is fascinating.

Bucket List: Osso Bucco for real, @ Elaine's in NYC with Stuart Woods. Then I want to cook Osso Bucco.

Make my own Pastrami from beginning to end.

So you get chuck? Round? What kind of steaks?

Rib eye, filet and t-bone...unless we trade around for different cuts. I'm leaning more towards braising meats and letting the guys have the grilling meats. Shrek and I both have dental issues. Besides we eat at their houses frequently, it's not like I won't be getting more than my share:)

I'd like to try a whole fresh fish from one of our local on-the-water seafood shops. I looked at some red snapper on the hoof the other day; they weren't priced, and the "tripletail" (whatever that is) fillets beside them were $18.95/lb. and scared me off.

Back
Top Bottom