Burning House

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

babetoo

Chef Extraordinaire
has anyone read about the house full of chemicals and explosive devices that is near me. they have decided that burning it down is the safest way to handle it. they are about five minutes from setting the fire off. will let you know the out come.

everything worked as they thought it would. they had somehow rigged it for many places to start a fire. no one was hurt. some trees bordering a neighbors property did burn. they put up a water screen on the house next door. it was vacant so if it did catch, they were to just let it burn. there were many audible pops during the fire, from aerosol cans they think. none of the chemicals were kinds that would explode. since the house was so cluttered with chemicals and clutter, they really didn't get in to see what was there. tomorrow they will check the ashes and make sure it is safe. also will test the dirt. we, in escondido, are glad it is over. three weeks after discovery to gone is a long time. freeway closed during fire in case of flying materials , that might have started another fire . freeway very close to house. nothing really dramatic to see, just a house burning down.

I saw the headline earlier but hadn't read the story. The headline I saw said San Diego, so I didn't realize how close it was to you. Yikes!

:huh:Barbara

i am not really that close to the now destroyed house. the only danger i could possibly have been exposed to was the smoke. they monitored the air quality. the plume went where they had predicted. if you are interested in pictures and more in depth about the house go to. uniontrib.com/bomb-house. the plan was flawless. kudos to all involved are in order.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom