C.S. Lewis fans...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jeninga75

Sous Chef
The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian :ROFLMAO:

I just saw the trailer on the Yahoo main page. This just totally made my day.:clap: The Lion Witch and the Wardrobe is my favorite movie. Yes, I did also read the book lol...

I almost wish I hadn't seen this because it's going to be tortue waiting!

About 2 years ago I read " The Complete Chronicles of Narnia" If you havn't read it yet I urge you to try to do so. It a magical but most moving and inspirational book. Especially the last book " The Last Battle"
What can I say without sounding OTT but it is magical; charming; uplifting;deeply spiritual; challenging; in fact it's next on my list of " Must read it again" books. :)

I read the complete chronicles many years ago when I was a kid. Magical is the best word to describe those books. They truly transport you somewhere else. I Want to read them again now.

If you know a kid who likes to read or better yet a kid who does not like to read, get them these books. You can't help but get sucked in and just need to turn the page to see what happens.

jeninga75 I was not crazy about the first movie. It was not bad, but just did not capture the magic of the book IMO. I am looking forward to the second movie. I will certainly go into it with an open mind.

The BBC did a television series several years ago (80's ?) which I think was more faithful to the books than the movie was from (vague) memory. That had Prince Caspian on the DVD as well as the Dawn Treader.

Amazon.com: The Chronicles of Narnia - (3-Disc Set) - (The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe/Prince Caspian & The Voyage of the Dawn Treader/The Silver Chair): DVD: Jonathan R. Scott,Richard Dempsey,Sophie Wilcox,Sophie Cook,David Thwaites,Samuel Wes

The series was not as flash as the movie was and looks even a bit shaky at times.

Last edited:
The Complete Chronicles of Narnia"

Have heard so much about this book/books. Must read when holidays are over. Thanks for sharing. Like to be told when something is worth while.

Back
Top Bottom