Can I run this idea by you all?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Will you double my order for free, just pay shipping and handling?

You got it! Expect a late night infomercial about putting gas into something instead of sucking it out. Packaging processing plants do that everyday, on a mass scale. So do food processing machines that extracted air out. Someone came up with the idea to extract air out like big packaging machines do.

Many probably laughed at the idea of a kitchen counter unit doing the same as a factory packaging machine which extracts air out.

I'm thinking along the same line. Putting gas in. Not done before now. Kitchen counter sized appliance.

Wanna bet someone beats me to it?

Last edited:
I`ve always wondered why people in colder climates just can`t use the outside air in the winter to keep their refrigerators cold.
Hope this memory isn't too far off topic..

When I grew up in the 40's on the California coast, our house (and many surrounding houses) had a screened cabinet on the outside wall of the kitchen.. This was a natural cooler for all sorts of pantry items.. It didn't serve as a fridge but, things which didn't need 40 degree temps were stored there..

Ross

When I grew up in the 40's on the California coast, our house (and many surrounding houses) had a screened cabinet on the outside wall of the kitchen.. This was a natural cooler for all sorts of pantry items.. It didn't serve as a fridge but, things which didn't need 40 degree temps were stored there..

Ross

That's all you had. Served you well, no doubt.

Yeah..the fridge would probably have to back on to an outside wall, so there would be some kitchen designs to consider, for sure

Make it a hybrid so electric kicks in when it gets to warm outside.

I'm sure some thought that when the first domestic vacuum sealer was proposed ("...it clearly is no such thing in a domestic scenario"). There are now millions of them sitting on kitchen counters and in kitchen cupboards. :ohmy:
Specious argument and a very silly comparison.

Ross
Not at all Ross. When I was a kid, most homes had an ice box. You know. When the ice man would deliver a block of ice. But in the winter, just about every home had nailed a wooden large milk box to the outside kitchen window sill and stored all foods that required cold. You know, milk, butter, meats, etc. It certainly saved money that would have been spent buying ice.

I like the idea of trying out inventing a way to save food year round. With just the two of us here, our biggest waste is celery. We never use it all up when I purchase a full stalk. And I think buying the pieces of cut up celery is a major waste of money. Also I like to pick off all the leaves from the stalk and dry them out. They add great flavor to soups and other dishes.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom