Carnival and fair foods

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have a nice county fair, if it is really warm , they do serve alot of shaved ice! They also sell alot of deep fried veg's, mozz. sticks, bloomin onion's, and home made chips with cheese, bacon bits, green onion ! My mouth is watering !! My favorite is still skinny fries w/vinegar !

WIKIWIKI said:
........ I'm wondering how popular shave ice would be.

Honestly, that always has the longest line at our local Farmer's Market! And, it's quite possibly the cheapest to make! Since you don't need to fry anything, it's much easier as well. I love the idea!

Shaved ice or snow cone...

Snow cone consists of ice that is finely crushed up, it is hard and crunchy. The flavoring tends to flo through the ice to the bottom of the container.
Shave ice is ice that is shaved very finely with a sharp blade. It has the consistancy of freshly fallen snow, very fluffly and the flavoring tends to spread around inside instead of going down to the bottom of the cup. Yummy!

........and, the Hawaiian shave ice has dozens of flavors too! I love the pina colada, one kid likes the green apple/coconut and the other likes watermelon/vanilla

I wait every year for our country fair to start so I can get my annual fried dough, love it with the tomato sauce and parmesan. If I knew of a vendor that sold it year round, I'd be in real trouble!

Back
Top Bottom