Cat - On Vacation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

CrazyCatLady

Sous Chef
Our sweet Cat hopped off to Brasov to visit her hubby, Carl, and their dear daughter, Anna.

Anna is growing, and they have to adjust her prosthetic leg and of course, Cat wants to be there. She did say all three of them might come back here, depending on how it goes.

Rina is still here; when Cat returns, she'll go home to visit. I'm so blessed to have such loyal, loving friends.

Because Rina and Cat have taken over, hubby Justin can go to work, as normal.

I'm hoping Cat will bring Carl and Anna with her. We can smoosh them and Rina in the master bedroom and guest room, and hubby and I can use the sleeper sofa in the living room. I found a place where I can rent a youth bed, but with the bedbug issue, I don't trust that.

I'll just buy one. Phooey on that. One of my friends lives in an apartment complex where they had a bedbug infestation, and when she visits, she won't come in the house.

I hope they come! It would be wonderful to have a little toddler running around! I would love to see Carl again. When I first saw Cat and him together, and saw the way he looked at her, I thought, "Uh-oh. I hear wedding bells."

He looked at her so sweetly, not in any way lustful or suggestively (y'all know those looks) and endearingly. He's sooooo precious, just like Cat. They broke up I think, maybe a couple days or so, but that didn't last. I knew it wouldn't.

Cat is a wonderful, dear mother. Sometimes when she got off the phone with Carl and Anna, she'd cry a little. I remembered the days when I was an Army photojournalist, sent away from my hubby and daughter, and I cried too.

When I bonked my head, Cat and Rina vowed to stay until I go back to work. I don't know, but I'm thinking May. I'm getting off the topic but I have to say this...

I've learned about friendship, about love, and commitment from them. I have lots of friends, but none of them have offered to stay here with me. It's not their fault. They have lives and obligations and I understand that. I did move in (a little) when one of my best friends was diagnosed with stage 4 liver cancer and I was with her to the end. But that was just a county away, and DH understood. I took care of her just as Cat and Rina are taking care of me.

Not half a planet away, for sure.

Now I see this isn't such an update, but it is gratefulness, and a bow to a woman whose heart is bigger than she is, and her mother...well, if I didn't know better, you'd think Rina gave birth to Cat. She did a dang good job, and now we all reap the benefits.

Life is so good. Especially with a few Romanians involved, LOL!

I want a Romanian, too! Cat needed to get back to Carl and Anna, the same way we need to eat and breathe.

I want a Romanian, too! Cat needed to get back to Carl and Anna, the same way we need to eat and breathe.

Yes, exactly. I'll ask Rina if she has an extra Romanian for you, okay? LOL!

I hope Cat brings Carl and Anna back. We would love it!

Keep paws crossed. I know our house is small as in square feet, but love has expanded this house into Buckingham Palace square feet.

Oh crap, don't say anything about that. The county tax assesor might pick up on that and I'll have to start selling cats.

The house is just bigger on the inside than it looks on the outside.

True, so true. DH and I love our home so much we're surprised the walls stand up to it.

It's tiny, only 1200 square feet. Here:

The last half of the house is hidden by the tree. That's Lilly in the front.

Last edited:
Catina II was damaged by a harbormaster and they are waiting for the parts to fix her. No fishing this season.

Just curious, CCL....since Cat is 'on vacation' in Romania now and visiting her hubby and child, does that mean America is or will be their permanent home? I miss seeing MammaCat/Rina's posts, too - she used to post here quite a bit. :)

The entire season? I don't think it took that long to build it in the first place. I wonder what the crew will do all that time.

I don't remember but I think it was about nine months. GG, this happened AFTER Putin took Ukraine and the supplies, including parts, were taken over, in his control. I thought Cat posted this. I know she said the hull, keel, and shafts were from Ukraine, I think. Other parts were from other countries.

Of course it's the entire season! They have to find another supplier! They can't go to the supplier there, Putin shut them down, of course, and took it. They found a company in Turkey who can do the repairs, but it will take time. Her Papa, Georg, had to lay them off with full pay. A loyal crew deserves full pay, and that's how he does business. He knows how to run a business, and that is that.

Just curious, CCL....since Cat is 'on vacation' in Romania now and visiting her hubby and child, does that mean America is or will be their permanent home? I miss seeing MammaCat/Rina's posts, too - she used to post here quite a bit. :)

They visit a lot, but Cat's home is now in Brasov. She and Rina come here often to visit, so I'll bug Rina to post.

Cat will probably back in a couple weeks. I'll go put tacks under Rina's chair. POKE!

She really needs to get her tail in here. Thanks!

Cat keeps in touch by email in Romania. PM her and she'll send you her addy.

A new harbormaster bent a prop shaft, the radar went out, and because it is a new boat, it needed a lot of tweaking. They decided to put it in drydock until next season, and from what Rina's saying, they have found some parts.

Mostly right now it's just a matter of time, Rina thinks. Cat hates being on land, and with Carl and her learning the businesses and slowly taking over, she's busier than a one-armed paper hanger over there. Anna takes up a lot of time, so does Stela, and she's pretty much stuck with duties.

Last edited by a moderator:
Curious as to why Cat never posts and keeps up with her friends here when she's in Romania...

Cat did post before she went back the first time, that the Romanian internet is not the best in the world. It is a sometimes internet. And a lot of times it doesn't post outside of Romania. :angel:

Rina's here. She is going back to visit when Cat comes back. They wanted to stay until I'm back on my feet.

She'll be back Friday. Anyhoo, I think we've heard from her twice since she left, so she's probably up to her ears with hubby and kid. She is going to be bringing Carl and Anna back so Justin will be out hunting down a youth bed.

I wonder if I need to child-proof the house?

Absolutely. She will be in your home for longer than just a few hours. She is at an age where everything she sees, is a toy. Any knick knacks put them up and away. Anything you treasure put away. Have Justin try to find some locks for the lower cabinets. You don't want to have to clean them out and then go on the hunt when you need something. It has been a long time since you have had a toddler in your home. If a child can reach it, they will. Also, since she has an artificial leg, make sure all area rugs are held tight to the floor. She will be coming with a new leg. You don't want her tripping or falling.

I still have small great grandchildren coming to my home. But the visits are short enough that The only thing they can get into are the books on the shelves. And I have a table with two leafs that fold down and I just swing it across the entry to the kitchen. The bathroom door stays closed.

How exciting. You get to see Anna and Carl again also. Lucky you. :angel:

Last edited by a moderator:
She'll be back Friday. Anyhoo, I think we've heard from her twice since she left, so she's probably up to her ears with hubby and kid. She is going to be bringing Carl and Anna back so Justin will be out hunting down a youth bed.

I wonder if I need to child-proof the house?

Why? Aren't you going to let her in?:LOL::ROFLMAO: Poor Baby Anna, just allowed to peek in the window.:rolleyes:;)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom