Cat Poo Coffee...seriously

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't care how rich and soft it is...............anybody know what that smells like?:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a word censor on this site for a reason folk. Getting around it is not a very mature thing to do. We have children reading this site. Lets please try to keep that in mind. OK I am off my soapbox now.

I for one, would like to keep an open mind. There are plenty of "gross" things that we eat that others would look at us like we are crazy. Sure eating something that was pooped out is a pretty gross thought, but I would be willing to try the coffee with an open mind personally. Of course I love coffee and am always looking for a better cup.

Saw a story about this about ten years or so ago, this is nothing new.

Civet cat processing of coffee beans made a bit of a fluff at the time.

And now it is back. Seems like a good way for a coffee place to get a bit of publicity.

Whether the civet cat coffee is really a treat, or even if it truly exists, I have no idea.

Take some strong beans, make a coffee, and who is to know?

How one can be sure that one is getting the real McCoy seems problematical at the least.

But it gives a chuckle.

I seem to see this story at least once a year. I have been seeing it for years. I have never seen a store that sells this though.

It is kinda impossible after all how many cats would it take to have a productive business.
1) cats would have to be tested to see if they would eat the coffee beans.
2) cats might stop eating the beans after a week.
3) what kind of cat food would you hide their beans in.
4) what breed of cat produces the best coffee bean.
5) what branch of the government would you contact for a research grant?

I wonder if they are selling these coffee beans on e-bay?

StirBlue said:
It is kinda impossible after all how many cats would it take to have a productive business.
1) cats would have to be tested to see if they would eat the coffee beans.
2) cats might stop eating the beans after a week.
3) what kind of cat food would you hide their beans in.
4) what breed of cat produces the best coffee bean.
5) what branch of the government would you contact for a research grant?

I wonder if they are selling these coffee beans on e-bay?
Are you being serious or are you trying to be funny?

I can't imagine anyone taking it seriously. I would hope not anyway. But for someone who already has 200 or 300 cats it just might be a 2nd income. :LOL:

Why would you hope not Stirblue? There is a whole culinary world out there that sounds gross unless you open your mind. Does eating a cows stomach muscle really sound appetizing? Does eating the heart of a chicken sound yummy? Does eating pigs feet sound good? Have you ever had shrimp with the vein still in it? At least the coffee beans are washed.

GB Im with StirBlue. Sorry man. I understand what your point is. But Coffee beans and bowel movements from animals does NOT equal anything I want to wrap my lips around. And, yes, I know they are washed. Just cant do it. Not worth it. More you YOU though! :)

*gathering poopy washed coffee beans*
13.gif

You are an open minded coffee lover my friend. And I want you to have these. :-p (seriously I might try a cup. Love ya man [in a guy way! :ermm: ])

Thanks bro. I will make sure to wash the mug very well before I get you a cup of the regular coffee :LOL:

Back
Top Bottom