Ceiling Fans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have ceiling fans in almost every room and in the garage.

If HH could find some that wouldn't bop you on the head in the bathrooms I'm sure he'd love to have them in there too.

I'm in the camp that says fans cool the person and not the furniture, so we turn them off when we aren't home. The basement's always cool enough for the dogs even when it's really icky hot outside.

FryBoy said:
One night several months ago, in the dead of winter, the fan, which was off, made a strange noise and suddenly came on at full speed, scaring the holy living you-know-what out of us. I jumped out of bed, clutching my chest, and fiddled with the controls, eventually shutting it off with the master power switch. I turned the power back on and it immediately went to full speed, then died completely.

We have them in MBR and FR and whenever the power goes back on after an outage (which happened more times this past year than I can count) they come on full blast with the lights on high! Talk about a wake-up call! It's like a Gale in a spotlight!

We only have them on when we are in the room.

lindatooo said:
We have them in MBR and FR and whenever the power goes back on after an outage (which happened more times this past year than I can count) they come on full blast with the lights on high! Talk about a wake-up call! It's like a Gale in a spotlight!

We only have them on when we are in the room.

That seems odd. appliances/lights usually come back on to where they were before the outage.

I like the idea about using the a/c condensate in the garden. Mine collects in a puddle now. I'm going to look into a way to get it to water the garden.

Back
Top Bottom