Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I knew you'd do great cj! It will just get easier and easier as you get more used to it.

TG--Congratulations on your progress so far! You're doing great!

:)Barbara
Thanks Barb,
how could I fail with friends like you and all the rest of the DC family.
cj

I can officially celebrate the return of my husband!!!!
He has been in Kentucky with his mother, her mother had a stroke and has been barely hanging on all week. Neither one of tham can miss any more work, they are halfway home as I speak.
As saddened as I am by the circumstances, I am just so happy he will be home and I can give him the giant hug and the shoulder he's needed all week. Thanks everyone for your support while he's been away.

I can officially celebrate the return of my husband!!!!
He has been in Kentucky with his mother, her mother had a stroke and has been barely hanging on all week. Neither one of tham can miss any more work, they are halfway home as I speak.
As saddened as I am by the circumstances, I am just so happy he will be home and I can give him the giant hug and the shoulder he's needed all week. Thanks everyone for your support while he's been away.

Hooray!! I'm glad he is coming back home so that you both feel better!!

thanks tg....

Hey you are at 8 days..... OVER a week!

Great job. Keep on truckin'!

I've missed all sorts of stuff because the flu hit my house. I'm celebrating that today, all but one of us who have had the flu over the past 11 days are out of bed and feeling good! WooHoo!

Hi Beth,
today is my first full day of doing this at home..Dh. is a big help and it's going pretty well..Last night was really hard as the fluid made me feel as if it were hard to breath..But, I sat up and just made myself relax and then things settled down and are now running smoothly. I wish you were closer too, not just for the help, but for the joy of knowing you better.
Thank you.
kades
Good for you, CJ! You did it!!! It must be so nice to have some control over this thing now. I hope you get the cycling dialysis machine soon because it will free you up even more. But it's probably good that you have to learn by doing it manually. By the time you get the machine, you'll be the queen of sterile technique! We're all so proud of you.

Good for you, CJ! You did it!!! It must be so nice to have some control over this thing now. I hope you get the cycling dialysis machine soon because it will free you up even more. But it's probably good that you have to learn by doing it manually. By the time you get the machine, you'll be the queen of sterile technique! We're all so proud of you.
Thanks Terry,
I'm doing alright now..I'm so sorry you were ill..Glad to see you are better..Take care so you don't get something else...We miss you when you don't visit each day.
kades

Thanks, ya'll. I can't complain much because the last time I had the flu was 27 years ago. And no one had any complications so I consider us pretty lucky. And since everyone in the house got sick, no one was up making a mess so I don't have tons of housework waiting for me - just laundry.

My turn to be gone a few days.....
FM I'm glad you made it through with little trouble!
TG I love your new rose.... very pretty!

Well, although I had a dream that was VERY vivid and I woke up wanting a cigarette so badly, I was smoking in the dream, I am 2 WEEKS smokefree!!!
Supposedly, when you have a dream about something and it is so vivid, you wake up with it and think that it was real, that is like telling something goodbye. Don't know if that is true, but, I could almost taste that cigarette when I woke up. And am having real cravings today, but, I will survive and keep going forward LOL

Well, although I had a dream that was VERY vivid and I woke up wanting a cigarette so badly, I was smoking in the dream, I am 2 WEEKS smokefree!!!
Supposedly, when you have a dream about something and it is so vivid, you wake up with it and think that it was real, that is like telling something goodbye. Don't know if that is true, but, I could almost taste that cigarette when I woke up. And am having real cravings today, but, I will survive and keep going forward LOL
I was quit for 5 years and I had dreams about smoking the entire time. It was really weird. But the worst thing was seeing someone smoking in a movie. They always make it look so good in movies. I had to get up and leave a couple of movies when I was first quit because I couldn't handle it. But 2 weeks is amazing, TG! I hope you do something really nice for yourself with the money you're saving every day by not smoking!!

Frankly, I don't know if this goes under "Celebrations" or "Venting" - I got my first of 3 or 4 Whisper Lasers today (about 1 hour ago or so) and while I am on my way to new and improved skin this doesn't really feel like a "sunburn" either :LOL: OK, maybe that sunburn I had one time when I lived on Guam and I had to soak my lips in ice water and keep cool things on my face.

The REALLY good news is it IS after all Valentine's Day and the color of the day is red - and it will be that little splash of color every black dress needs :blush: At least we are going somewhere where it doesn't really matter anyway.

(one small vent - I hate that burnt smell - don't know if it's skin or hair) :sick:

HOORAY Aidan!!! Great job buddy!!
img_552556_0_f76497797ff03868208ba25e6313faa6.gif

Back
Top Bottom