Celebrations!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
After weeks of staying away from the keyboard, I finally wrote a 1,500-word column today. Forced myself actually. Went better than I'd anticipated. In the past, the words just fell off my fingers. Today I had to really work at it, but I got the piece written and I am very pleased with it.

Writing is one of the things I take great pleasure in and I would love to get the "feeling" back again. It would give me a way to occupy my hours. Maybe I'll give a stab at another one tomorrow.

Katie,
those words are still there, just waiting for you to heal more. They will come out as you feel the warmth that is there surrounding you. Chin up girl, you are stronger than you realize.
kades

We just drove home in our new vehicle.....not it is not the Mazda 5, but a much smaller but still workable Chevy Aveo hatchback!!!! It is not blue or green like we wanted, but white, just like most of our past vehicles have been. I can get in and out myself and once I adjust all the many parts of the seat I know I will be able to ride comfortably. We love it, it is ours....no help from any family member or other co-signer, it is a new 2008 and we are really happy! If that isn't reason to celebrate I don't know what is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We just drove home in our new vehicle.....not it is not the Mazda 5, but a much smaller but still workable Chevy Aveo hatchback!!!! It is not blue or green like we wanted, but white, just like most of our past vehicles have been. I can get in and out myself and once I adjust all the many parts of the seat I know I will be able to ride comfortably. We love it, it is ours....no help from any family member or other co-signer, it is a new 2008 and we are really happy! If that isn't reason to celebrate I don't know what is!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

big time congrats. in order. good for you on no help, doesn't it feel good. you don't need help from people that dictate terms that don't fit your wants.

babe:)

My dear Christopher is doing good in school today. Went over for lunch to check on him and he said he'd like to eat with his friend (a little gal sitting in front of him). Yey! He's getting used to his kindergarten routine! Thank goodness! Oh, and I'm NOT crying anymore! I did all that last night...:ermm:

My 14 year old son was up late doing homework, reading his novel for a test Thursday and organizing:ohmy:...yep, ORGANIZING his binders! I am so proud of him that he's decided to be self-directed. He told his sister this year (9th grade) was what counts! I'm so happy and grateful for this!

My dear Christopher is doing good in school today. Went over for lunch to check on him and he said he'd like to eat with his friend (a little gal sitting in front of him). Yey! He's getting used to his kindergarten routine! Thank goodness! Oh, and I'm NOT crying anymore! I did all that last night...:ermm:

My 14 year old son was up late doing homework, reading his novel for a test Thursday and organizing:ohmy:...yep, ORGANIZING his binders! I am so proud of him that he's decided to be self-directed. He told his sister this year (9th grade) was what counts! I'm so happy and grateful for this!

:LOL: told ya :LOL: j/k That, is wonderful Dina...I'm so happy for you

kades

Being on vacation, I have been forgetting to enter many sweepstakes. I entered several tonight and just won a $25 gas card. It won't put much of a dent in our gas expenditures lately, but every little bit helps!

:)Barbara

My neighbour's cat had kittens this morning under my armchair in my lounge room! I was asleep. (This happened last time a cat gave birth in my house too!!) Haven't told the people yet and I won't till I can move them. their kids have been involved in break/enters, so don't really want them in my house!!

Anyway, I call the cat Millie (they haven't named her) and she has four little kittens - two ginger and two tortoiseshell (one more black than mixed).

Attachments

• Millie_kits.jpg
    Millie_kits.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 166
Aw Bilby they are so cute! My youngest 2 are standing here fawning over them.... and asking where their (the kittens) daddy is..... :ermm:

My celebration.... NO JACKHAMMER NEEDED!!!!! :cool:

MY super awesome DH got his drain snake last night and moved the offending piece of PVC the 4 yr old flushed last week, slowing the drains to a crawl just yesterday.. :rolleyes:

I'm currently, happily, washing dishes and laundry and flushing every potty.... just 'cause I CAN!!!!

:LOL::LOL:

Congrats Suzi!!!

I suspect the daddy may have been one of the ones from her last litter!! This is one of them... (again, they haven't named him but I call him Jazzy - short for Jasper). The two neighbourhood toms are both fluffy ones, and these kittens don't look like they will be.

Attachments

• Jazzy.jpg
    Jazzy.jpg
    35 KB · Views: 167
Yeah, I'll skip mentioning the realation to them. We'll just say he went to work.....
:)
goofy cats.

Oldest son is on his way to Louisiana to a job with a construction crew that is rebuilding from Gustav and then to the Texas coast to do the same.

YAY texasboy1!!!!
:)
hope it works well for him, it sounds like it could be alot of fun.

Back
Top Bottom