Celebrity Deaths.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Princess Di... Chris Farley, and believe it or not, Anna Nicole... not that I was ever a fan of her, but just sadden me how her problems had overcome her and the tiny little life she left behind. All deaths impact me, Heath was a big shock.

John Denver.
No... I didn't know him but
his music meant and still means so much to Paul
and I. We were lucky enough to go to one of his concerts together and
it's a memory ( both good and bad) that will never be forgotten.

John Denver is the first one to come to my mind, too.

Whereas I say, "AWWWWWWWWWW nooooo" on hearing of so many celebrity deaths, I STILL miss John Denver!

I still feel even worse about Robert Urich (Spencer for Hire). I so wanted to MARRY him!

Lee

Bon Scott - I was 12 when he died and a die hard AC/DC fan. I cried, which at the time confused me at how I could be so upset over someone I didn't personally know.

John Belushi - Chris Farley - Phil Hartman
- John Candy - All four brought something into many of our lives with their unrelentless humor. I miss all of them...

Jerry Garcia
- A musical genius. I felt very fortunate to see one of their last concerts performed together right before his death in Mountain View, CA

River Phoenix
- A talented young man who had his whole life ahead of him, died far before his time...similar to James Dean.

And our dear Heath Ledger, affected me far more than I was prepared for. I still can't stop thinking about how shocking death can be, regardless of personally knowing the diseased.

I also remember how much my mother and grandmother cried for MONTHS over Elvis dying. I remember when they heard it on the news and my grandmother broke down crying and had to be helped out to the car and drove home. Her living room became a shrine to him.

And look at Princess Diana's death, the entire world mourned her. I cried in my bathroom because I was embarrassed for my then husband and his friend to see I was so upset over it.

Death is something that everyone is equal in. Regardless of knowing famous people personally, we connect to them by there movies/music etc which makes us feel like we know them.

Last edited:
You know, I have another. I was only 6 when he died, but I remember when John Lennon was killed.....
We lived in NYC at the time and even when I was that little I knew he was a big deal and couldn't believe it. I've always liked his stuff.

John Hartford. Such a talented and wonderful guy. He was such a multi-faceted man. He was a fabulous musician, song writer and would be remembered for writing Gentle on My Mind, which Glen Campbell made so famous.

John was also a virtuoso of the 5-string banjo, among other stringed instruments, as well as his famous "plywood." You have to have some of his recordings or have attended some of his performances to get the plywood reference.

He was also a paddlewheel boat pilot and loved the river. This touched my heart because I, too, have a love and respect for the river.

I so miss his passing and his talent and his gentle personna. I miss him and am so happy I had the opportunity to meet and speak with him. Also met his dog, "Bus."

Princess Di. And of course Mr. Rodgers. Laugh if you want I don't care.
When he died I felt like I lost a life-long friend.

Princess Di. And of course Mr. Rodgers. Laugh if you want I don't care.
When he died I felt like I lost a life-long friend.
No laughing here middie. He became part of our family when my daughter was a little girl. What I loved about Fred Rogers is that that his niceness wasn't just an act for TV. He was really like that.

For me, the deaths of so many of the people already listed affected me. Another was Princess Grace. Grace wasn't just her name, it defined her.

Ronald Reagan's death was another that affected me.

Two other deaths affected me very much. They weren't celebrities (in the show-biz sense), and most of you have probably never heard of one of them. The first is Ruth Bell Graham (Billy Graham's wife). Part of the reason hers affected me is her life, but another reason it affected me was the profound effect it had on her husband. She was such a vital part of his life. The second person, as I said, wasn't really a celebrity, but he affected the lives of many celebrities. His name was Harald Bredesen. I had the priviledge of knowing him personally (though not as well as I would have liked), as he went to my church when I lived in California. He was an amazing and funny man. Mention his name to many celebrities and political leaders worldwide, and they will tell you what an effect he had on their lives.

:)Barbara

I still feel even worse about Robert Urich (Spencer for Hire). I so wanted to MARRY him!

Lee
I really liked him too! Didn't know he had died though. Not everything gets reported here and when it does, you sometimes have had to scour the bits of the paper most ignore to have seen the article.

Back
Top Bottom