Change Your Clocks!!!!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MrsLMB

Executive Chef
For those of us affected by the time changes dont forget - Tonight is the time change.. so before you go to bed set your clocks BACK one hour and get an extra hour of sleep!

img_1316199_0_3616d603a27551f49986a475483a37b3.jpg

I like to rolllllllll into a time change more gradually. My clocks might say something, but my body eases into the new hours in a week's time. It's easier on the dogs that way. So I only set half my clocks back.

I'm waiting for the cats to go nuts when we do everything an hour early. I have most of the clocks changed now, I like to get it done before I forget.

I find most of my clocks have changed themselves by morning, but it didn't always used to be that way...

As long as my alarm clock is correct, the rest of them don't matter that much...just reminds me when I should go to bed.

I guess from my time in the Air Force we just got used to all the time changes from flying all over the place. When I'm tired I go to sleep. When I've had enough sleep I wake up. If the clock says 5:00am it doesn't really matter if it's July or November

When I worked night shift, I made sure I worked the weekend of time change in spring and didn't work the weekend of time change in fall. Who wants to work 9 hours and get paid for 8?

I never figured this out. Grew up on a farm. Old Bossie gave milk when she wanted, and not a minute before. And no she wouldn't be shoo'd into the barn until she was ready. Come hell or high water, whatever that meant, never dawdle or be a minute late for her either. Never mind a clock or how light it was outside.

The high school boys practiced football and the band practiced marching during daylight during school hours. We all went home at the same time.

If there was planting or harvesting, you turned the tractor lights on or I expect before that, you followed the winnows or furrows with the tractor wheel. Luckily I grew up when portable radios were invented and there was a groove to it.

I suppose I'll change my clocks when I get a round tuit.

.....so before you go to bed set your clocks BACK one hour and get an extra hour of sleep!
Or be dumb like me and stay up that extra hour!

I lose that hour every spring and I never get it back in the fall. Guess it doesn't matter since I'll have plenty of time for sleeping once I'm dead. ;)

Thinking about buckytom this morning, time changes were always a big deal in his line of work!

Happy that for the next six months the clock in my car will show the right time, you would think with all this OnStar nonsense they would somehow "push" the new time out to the clock every six months.

Oh, the truck clock...
It always takes me a week (I don't drive often) to figure out where the time function is. Yes, you would think with GPS and the other electronic feaatures they could send it a signal or something.

Ours went back last week in the uk . Being a divvy , I haven't worked out how to change the one in the car , will just leave it till Spring ....

Back
Top Bottom