Changes are Comin' (I Hope)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hoot

Executive Chef
Moderator Emeritus
I reckon I will have to change my profile photo.
Went in this evening and trimmed off my beard. Gotta clean up for a job interview on Wed. morn.
I reckon it's short enough. I think I scared the lady when I walked in her office and handed her my resume and application.
I hope it pans out.

How could you scare anyone, Hoot? Loved your beard!

Good luck with your interview!

Last edited:
Hoot, wishing you all the luck in the world for your interview :)

What is the position you are going for?

You would look great with a long beard or a short one, dont you worry about that...although it must feel a bit strange for you after having it so long for a big amount of time :)

Obviously you are not applying for a position as ZZ Top's road manager then. ;)

Good luck.

Thanks, everyone!
The fact is that I have been unemployed since 2010. Went back to school and have graduated with an associate degree in Information Technology.
The next county over is looking for an IT coordinator. I reckon I coulda left my beard, but seein's as I am nearly 60 years old, I figger I need any edge I can get to compete for this job.
As it is county government, I 'spect I should look as much as I can like a professional.
We will see how it goes. I am optimistic about my chances.
Thanks again and I will let y'all know what happens.

Good luck, Hoot! I hope they recognize that being a more mature applicant has advantages. I always figure that I'm past child-bearing age so won't need to go on maternity leave (in Canada, one is entitled to 1 year). Hasn't gotten me a job, but I go for contracts.

Thanks again, everyone.
I feel like the panel interview went well. Time will tell. I have no idea how many other applicants they have, and I am sure they will take their time making a decision.
Y'all keep your fingers crossed, just in case.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom