Changing alliances

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TanyaK

Senior Cook
We have a lot of friends who moved from another province (I suppose state in US terms) and still cheer for the rugby team of the province they used to live in; even though they haven't lived there for years. I don't have too strong an opinion as I've only lived in one province my whole live (well there are only 4 in South Africa :rolleyes:) . But it's an interesting question :
If you move to another state will you start cheering for your new home state's football/baseball/basketball teams ?

TanyaK I have lived in NY all my life but I don't cheer for any NY team. I like the Toronto Blue Jays and the Atlanta Braves for baseball, the Dallas Cowboys for football and don't care for basketball. Let there be motocross on though... :p

I am still behind the Padres (although they pretty much stink so far this year!) even though I have lived in South Carolina for several years. James is from an area without any professional teams but is a 3rd generation Chicago Cubs fan. We both root on the Padres and the Cubs, but when they play each other it's "every man for himself!" LOL Truth be told, however, I keep up with the Cubs more than the Padres now (I know most of them by name but very few Padres).

We don't have a professional baseball team near us now. I'm not into football, but if the Chargers or Panthers are in the Super Bowl, I watch. The Chargers because I am from San Diego, and the Panthers because they are local (and they have the prettiest uniforms! LOL).

As far as the original question, I think most Americans stick with the team they grew up with if they move. I know some people who would probably trade their family members in before switching team loyalty!

:)Barbara

If you are born a Boston sports fan, it stays with you where ever you live for your entire life. A true Boston fan would never consider changing.

Back
Top Bottom