Check out my kid!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

thier1754

Head Chef
My son, Andy, is lead designer for a THQ game "Evil Dead: Regeneration". This has been a loooong project for him and his team and is his first opportunity as lead designer -- he's been in game production work in the past -- and it's been getting great reviews. It will be out very soon. We're proud parents -- check it out! He's in the Friday link ... http://thqate3.com/

Last edited:
That's great! Very well spoken and can talk to a camera. That's not an easy thing to do
My son wanted to get into making games, just never did anything to get there.

Andy started as a lowly game tester and worked his way up. He also has a business degree, tho, and graduated with highest honors. (Geez, I sound like one of those obnoxious parents who spends the whole Christmas letter listing her children's accomplishments. I always said I wouldn't do that...Sorry!!) :blush:

Way cool, that's great! I know you must be proud!

Let me be the first guy in this thread to congratulate you. Part of being a good parent is bragging,about your kids, :mrgreen: not to the point of being obnoxious, or embarinsing them, but to let them know they are important in theri own right. It gives them confidence to know they have you approval and pride. And besides, it feels so good. After all, parents, especially mothers, are largely responsible for instilling values, good or bad, into the children. Their success reflects upon you, as it should.

And to keep this upbeat, I won't touch the other edge of the two-edged sword that pride can be.

Let your son know how proud you are of him. That'll make his day.

Seeeeeya; Goodweed of the North

He is VERY well spoken their!! And you should be proud - it's tough out there in the game of life and when your child succeeds it is worth shouting over!!! Good for him and congratulations to you!

Thanks, guys! What nice things to hear...You are very gracious. The project has been very long and very demanding. Game design/production is a very high stress field -- lots of rewards if things go well, very high risk if they don't. Studios can be shut down by the parent company if a game sells poorly. It takes nerves of steel to get a project successfully through to market, and the team has to be tough to make it through. But they're already planning the next game. :)

Andy's very special to his mom just because he's Andy. He's a good man.

very cool their, you have every right to be proud. the game looks interesting too. gonna see if there's a demo available. hmmm, did you ever wonder where he gets his ideas for creatures and creepy-crawlies???

Ideas for creatures and creepy crawlies? Well, of course, there's a lot of give and take among the team, so I'm sure he got input from other sources, but it could also be that food I used to serve him...You know, we were raising three hungry boys on a limited budget and living in CA where there are lots of juicy bugs and small, meaty reptiles... And I'm sure our bizarre lifestyle, living in a van and moving from place to place at night just ahead of the bounty hunter, produced some terrifying, memorable nightmares for the poor little tyke...:cool:

(copyright Peggy Beaudoin - Any resemblance to persons living or dead is purely fictional. :mrgreen: )

Last edited:
you gotta be kidding me! wow thats so cool!

I always wanted to be a game designer. i am definately getting that game. I've always liked these scary intense games esp games with chainsaws.

Last edited:
Thanks, Master! (I hope everybody knows my last post was a joke...:rolleyes: )

Yes, the game should be great. It's now being tweaked, finessed, and gotten ready to go in five weeks. Cranky Pants' next game is all hush hush, but it sounds like a winner, too. Let me know how you like "Evil Dead: Regeneration" when you get a chance to play it! It's meant to be campy as well as intense; those movies were cult favorites and there's lots of irony and humor as well as gore.

(Cranky Pants is one of THQ's new studios, located in the Seattle area.)

Back
Top Bottom