Chicken Chronicles

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They have quite a mouthful of teeth. The bottom front teeth grow out straight forward. And you don't want to keep a boar. Their tusks can grow really fast. In the wild, they use those front teeth to dig for roots and other foods.

When I wake up screaming tonight, you're gonna have to hold me until I get back to sleep. :eek::cry::blush::ohmy:

When should I expect you over?

They will eat ANYTHING you throw in their trough. If you ever want to commit miurder, do it at night and toss the body in their pen. It will be gone by morning. Bones and all. :pig:
My chickens eat almost everything (pigs with wings), but they don't have teeth!

It's nice to know that you are not alone in this world of yours. Can I join you?
Most definitely, as long as you don't try to feed them rubberbands!;)

I am now thinking of using the ladder technique that is used to construct Norwegian sweaters to take some old sweaters and make them into "chicken coats." Faster than knitting them...especially if I use my serger to go between the lines. I didn't have much planned between Jan 1 and 23...time to make chicken coats (and panties--I've been picking the chickens up several times a day now that the weather is cold--cuddling them inside my coat, rubbing their feet and combs). They seem fine-egg production is the same as it was before winter arrived, but I worry about them being cold! I don't want to go out in the morning and discover frozen chickens...

I have never known chickens that were so loved. :flowers::wub::clap:
Friends used to say they wanted to come back as one of my dogs, now they want to be my reincarnated chickens:). I've dragged the "mercedes benz" sewing machine out, picked out some old sweaters I was planning to donate to the GW, and now am working on "coats" for them. I used to use the MB sewing machine to make dog beds, bandanas, etc., now I'm using it for "chicken clothes!" How deep have I fallen?

Hey CWS, I just read this and immediately thought of you and your ladies:

"The consumption of wheatgrass in the Western world began in the 1930s as a result of experiments conducted by Charles F. Schnabel in his attempts to popularize the plant.

Schnabel, an agricultural chemist, conducted his first experiments with young grasses in 1930, when he used fresh cut grass in an attempt to nurse dying hens back to health. The hens not only recovered, but they produced eggs at a higher rate than healthy hens. Encouraged by his results, he began drying and powdering grass for his family and neighbors to supplement their diets. The following year, Schnabel reproduced his experiment and achieved the same results. Hens consuming rations supplemented with grass doubled their egg production."

Hey CWS, I just read this and immediately thought of you and your ladies:

"The consumption of wheatgrass in the Western world began in the 1930s as a result of experiments conducted by Charles F. Schnabel in his attempts to popularize the plant.

Schnabel, an agricultural chemist, conducted his first experiments with young grasses in 1930, when he used fresh cut grass in an attempt to nurse dying hens back to health. The hens not only recovered, but they produced eggs at a higher rate than healthy hens. Encouraged by his results, he began drying and powdering grass for his family and neighbors to supplement their diets. The following year, Schnabel reproduced his experiment and achieved the same results. Hens consuming rations supplemented with grass doubled their egg production."

Interesting. I remember on the farm, when I fed the chickens, their grain was powder like. :chef:

I just fed the girls oatmeal (I let it cool to room temperature) because it is so frigging cold--I had read that "warm food" or water is what they need in their crops when it is really cold out. The problem with giving them all these "treats" is that they turn their little beaks up at "kibble" and come back and ask me "is that ALL? You think we're going to eat THAT? We want veggies/bananas/apples/bread!!!! Bring it on, or NO EGGS!"

I just fed the girls oatmeal (I let it cool to room temperature) because it is so frigging cold--I had read that "warm food" or water is what they need in their crops when it is really cold out. The problem with giving them all these "treats" is that they turn their little beaks up at "kibble" and come back and ask me "is that ALL? You think we're going to eat THAT? We want veggies/bananas/apples/bread!!!! Bring it on, or NO EGGS!"

CWS, you're little chicken girls are about the luckiest in the world I think.

I don't know if you realize it or not, but you have hundreds, (if not thousands) of WWW users who are waiting to see your girls all dressed up in thier finest. After your pics of them hit the net, stand back...they'll be all over the net in a week.

Especially the Diapers. Who knows, chicken diapers might be the big craze this coming spring. Your girls might get famous.

CWS, you're little chicken girls are about the luckiest in the world I think.

I don't know if you realize it or not, but you have hundreds, (if not thousands) of WWW users who are waiting to see your girls all dressed up in thier finest. After your pics of them hit the net, stand back...they'll be all over the net in a week.

Especially the Diapers. Who knows, chicken diapers might be the big craze this coming spring. Your girls might get famous.
They do produce very, very nice eggs! And now the pressure is on to get the pics up!

We want a chicken fashion show!

Chicks in lingerie also! Something slinky on a hen!

Peek-a-boo chicken panties!:chicken::LOL::chicken::ROFLMAO::chicken:

OMG, I've become a chicken perv.:wacko::(

We want a chicken fashion show!

Chicks in lingerie also! Something slinky on a hen!

Peek-a-boo chicken panties!:chicken::LOL::chicken::ROFLMAO::chicken:

OMG, I've become a chicken perv.:wacko::(

What's the difference between kinky and perverted?

Kinky uses a feather. Perverted uses a chicken. :ROFLMAO:

taxlady said:
What's the difference between kinky and perverted?

Kinky uses a feather. Perverted uses a chicken. :ROFLMAO:

Geez, Tax, this is a family site! :ROFLMAO:

Back
Top Bottom