Chicken Soup or Beef Stew Or Pot Pie?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Chicken Soup, Beef Stew, Pot Pie

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

-DEADLY SUSHI-

Washing Up
There are conflicts in history that resound around the world :mellow: .....
Vulcans... Klingons or Romulans.
Emeril, Giada or Racheal.
Grilling, Broiling or Frying.
Vodka, Whiskey or Rum.
Ernie, Bert or Kermit.
The Office, American Idol or 24.
Camry, Taurus or Impala.
Pentium, Athlon or..... well..... thats it really.
But you get the idea. :rolleyes:

What would YOU rather eat??

This time in a poll will take an option.

Pot pie, no question.

To me there is very little better than a pot pie, chicken or preferably turkey.

But just thought about a wonderfully made chicken soup.

Spices, maybe some barely, or veggies.

Now a good beef stew. Prefer to give it a bit of an Asian flair. And maybe serve over noodles.

But a nice hearty winter dinner to be sure.

They are all great. At the moment would go with the pot pie, but if you asked me a few hours from now the choice might be different.

Sorry.

Breakfast. The perfectly cooked egg dish with an excellent bread, jam, and perhaps a breakfast meat, but not necessarily. Rich dark black coffee.
Eggs benedict comes pretty close, however. Or eggs sardou.

It is like comparing apples to oranges to me. I can sort of see choosing between pot pie and stew, but the chicken soup just does not belong in the poll as far as I am concerned. It is just too different than the other two.

This was a hard choice. I like all of them but I think my favorite is a hearty beef stew with savory veggies. It's only breakfast time here but now I'm already thinking about dinner.:) :-p

I would almost kill for a hot steaming bowl of beef stew right now! The others are good too, but of the three, beef stew hands-down.

:) Barbara

I like them all equally and would add casseroles as the "other." This isn't helping me decide what to make for supper today, though!!!!

middie said:
Give me all of them please. There's no way I can choose only one.

I chose "d" as I agree with middie. I love the tender flakey crust of pot pie. I also love beef stew and I am continually perfecting a tex/mex or southwest beef stew (almost a chili). And ther t'aint nothing better then a bowl of soothingly warm, chock a block full of fresh veggies and herbs, chicken soup.

To Choose

I guess I should vote on what I want at the moment. I prefer to pot pie because I am ever so hungry but like someone said, in an hour, I would choose differently.:chef:

When I was growing up, chicken soup was actually the meal, not the first course. It's the same way for me, now, too. The soup is full of fork size vegetables, large noodles and big chunks of chicken. Served with a hearty bread and butter, and topped with grated romano cheese, it's the perfect winter dinner.

VeraBlue said:
When I was growing up, chicken soup was actually the meal, not the first course. It's the same way for me, now, too. The soup is full of fork size vegetables, large noodles and big chunks of chicken. Served with a hearty bread and butter, and topped with grated romano cheese, it's the perfect winter dinner.
I am with you, Vera - can't beat it - yum, pure comfort !

Beef Stew

Barbara L said:
I would almost kill for a hot steaming bowl of beef stew right now! The others are good too, but of the three, beef stew hands-down.

I agree with you, Barbara. There is nothing like at bowl of beef stew on a winters night accompanied by a plateful of hot buttermilk biscuits served with butter and blackberry jam. :cool:

SierraCook said:
I agree with you, Barbara. There is nothing like at bowl of beef stew on a winters night accompanied by a plateful of hot buttermilk biscuits served with butter and blackberry jam. :cool:
I didn't mention the biscuits, but I was sure thinking of them!

Beef Stew Please :chef:

Attachments

• curly.jpg
    curly.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 31
  • attitude.jpg
    attitude.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 25
  • toohot.jpg
    toohot.jpg
    13.8 KB · Views: 29