Christening presents

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Half Baked

Executive Chef
My grandkids are being Christened (Catholic) and they are going to get many presents. I would like to buy them childrens' bibles and have their names printed on the outside but I haven't been able to find them. I am not interested in anything that is Precious Memories.

Also, I'm not wedded to bibles - I would love to give them something unusual yet appropriate.

Any ideas?

Lol, nevermind

I will give each of them I Bonds. Don't know why I didn't think of that first. :rolleyes:

Thank you Jill...and how is Jolie these days? You could send her to visit but I wouldn't guarantee her return...lol.

Bonds or you can start them on yearly mint sets ... Kind of a nice way to commemorate the day if you give the set on the anniversary date of the occasion.

But bonds are very nice too!

Half Baked said:
My grandkids are being Christened (Catholic) and they are going to get many presents. I would like to buy them childrens' bibles and have their names printed on the outside but I haven't been able to find them. I am not interested in anything that is Precious Memories.

Also, I'm not wedded to bibles - I would love to give them something unusual yet appropriate.

Any ideas?

Where were you looking for your bibles? You buy them from the Catholic gift shop at the church or Catholic Church online. The bibles sold in stores are different and do not usually represent any church (generic). The scriptures can be modified from the original Church text. Most of the generic bibles contain canons.

Stir Blue, that is exactly what I was going to say. Different religions have different versions of the bible, and you want to make sure to get a Roman Catholic bible. A lot of Catholic churches, monastaries, and convents have gift shops. A rosary or a small crucifix on a fine chain make a good gift as well. If they don't already have such a thing, there are lovely prints of a guardian angel guiding children that are great for a nursery, also caligraphies of prayers.

I absolutely cannot believe that I didn't think of the Church shop! I'll head over there on Monday morning. Thanks so much. I just haven't been concentrating lately.

Back
Top Bottom